Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Idiot Alert: left my tickets at home

razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not going to bore anyone with how it happened or make excuses - but it happened. Any inside scoop on how to get into Sanford when your original tix bought through Vivid Seats are still in the FedEx envelope1,000 miles away?

Otherwise - likely buying the cheapest seats available to get into the stadium and sitting in my original seats.

Any other suggestions (besides a brain transplant)?

Comments

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can you pull it up on your phone and have them scan that at the gate? Probably in an email from when you purchased. Have used that to get into other venues (games, concerts, etc).

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you don't have an email, is there someone back home who can take a good picture (capturing the bar code) and send that to you?

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have a screenshot in the app that shows section and row but no barcode because they shipped hard tickets to me via UPS vs an e-ticket (There’s nothing scannable on the app for this game).

Meaning have them send a pic of the bar code on the hard ticket and have security scan the photo of the original ticket?

Yeah.

I have no idea what might work. But you want as much documentation as possible to give yourself the best chance. You already have an email confirmation with seat info, but no bar code. If you can get a picture of the actual tickets and a close up of the bar code(s), and you take all of that to a ticket booth at Sanford, maybe you'll find a sympathetic person.

I would try customer service at Vivid as well.

Good luck my friend.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

if you can get the seller to contact the ticket office for you, then they can get them to help you. I’ve heard of this happening in the past. Time seems to be your biggest obstacle. Noon kickoff is going to be tough.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Talk to someone at will call before you buy more tickets. There might be an alternative way to get you in.

• SubmarineDawgSubmarineDawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2019

At the Vandy game this year my youngest son was running late and I had the tickets. He told me to take a good pic of the bar code and text it to him.

10 minutes later he was standing next to me.

I thought it was shaky but he insisted it would work . It did!

Got my Notre Dame tix from Stub Hub - nothing but an electronic bar code on my phone. So that’s the way I would go.

Good luck and Go Dawgs!

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just make sure it's a clear picture of the barcode. Went to a hockey game here at home and had trouble because the code was blurred slightly. Ended up getting in bit took about 30 minutes to resolve the problems.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@razorachilles, I got nothing, but I hope you get in. Let us know how it turns out, and Go Dawgs!

Thanks to everyone for the ideas...in the end, time was indeed not on my side. But thanks to all who took the time to suggest possible solutions. Y’all good people.

I bought the cheapest 6 seats I could online at about 10 AM today in the 600s section and then went and sat in our original seats which I knew would be open.

At least Georgia won...oh wait...

Glad you got into the game @razorachilles. Sorry about the result. I was there too and it was painful. I've lived through 100+ Georgia losses so I'll survive this one too, but I was bummed for my son since it was his first time at Sanford.

Safe travels home.

• DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@razorachilles I read your post early Sat. morning and thought 'that sounds like something I would do'.

Then we got back from the gym and I could not find my phone. I drove back to the gym but no phone there. I drove home and tried to put the at least temporary phone loss in perspective as we got ready for a family hike out of town.

Then I found my phone on the roof of my car. It was up against the roof rack so I had driven home from the gym, and then there and back w/o it falling off.

Self inflicted angst but blessed in the end.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, I am so sorry you had to pay for tickets to THAT game...twice! 😳

• brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate