Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football stock report: Mistake-prone Bulldogs stub toe against South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football stock report: Mistake-prone Bulldogs stub toe against South Carolina

Georgia football found itself in a barn-burning tight game with quarterback Jake Fromm struggling throughout the day against South Carolina

Read the full story here

Comments

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Stock down= coaching and play calls

stock up= fans because they stayed and showed up despite the Georgia standard never showing up

• Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

Congrats to S C!! They played like and were the better team!

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well...It was nice while it lasted...It's over now....also, it's looking more and more like 2017 was just a year where everything came together

• Matt108Matt108 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

A blind man could see the play calling! 2 runs and a pass. Coley needs to go back to community college ball. You couldn’t even call that conservative play calling. Kirby, the nI field goal try at end of regular time..****! Half time adjustments? Where? So disappointed...need to make an offensive change fast! I see the season and aspirations down the drain...the defense can be elite the offense is stuck In the 1960’s

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

BoulderDawg, what we need is an Offensive Coordinator that can run the show. There are to many similarities between Chaney's offense and the Coley offense. That alone tells me Kirby Smart very well may be the problem. Jimbo Fisher made a run for James Coley when he went to A&M, that also tells me that Coley could have his hands tied.

• Dawgs2015Dawgs2015 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Bad play calling too many 3rd downs after 2 consecutive running plays. Coley is just as bad as Chaney.

• SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"They are, who we thought they were"

Bad day and a lot of pieces were broken today, but take nothing away from the Gamecocks, they out coached, out hit and won the turnover battle. 3 turnovers and usually you will lose, well we did!

We can rant and rave about conservative play calling, missed FG or missed making a FG, Fromm's worst day and don't forget ANOTHER Tyler Simmons blunder (this one was just as epic as ND) BUT turn out the lights, the party is over, especially a loss to a 6 win team at home. Get your tickets now for the Outback bowl or maybe music city if we lose to Florida and LSU. Another year with.............you get my point!!

Too much talent, to be this above average, it could be worse, we could be TECH

• rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Breaking news!!!

On leave from Tennessee, a certain former OC at Georgia returned to call the SC game from the press box. Coach Smart has issued a press release thanking Coach Chaney for his service before leaving leaving the stadium with his wife. It is believed his good friend WIll Muschamp and will join the Smart family for an afternoon of golf. Before leaving Coach Smart stated he was looking forward to beating his old friend on the links and stated the golf game had been on his mind for the last week.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Guys,

If a team mans up and stops our run game we are in trouble and you just witnessed it again! Fromm is a good QB but we have to evolve like all the other teams BAMA, Clemson, ohio state and learn to throw the **** ball more to be effective.

1st down run

2nd down run

3rd down short pass

Hat on hat football strikes again.

After practice monday the coaching staff needs to run extra! season ain't over, but zero margin for error!

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

It's hard to say where the bigger disappointment was - the OL, or the coaching.

Fromm, as badly as he himself played, was under pressure all day long. And running lanes were few and far between.

As I see it, the coaching problem had less to do with play calls, philosophy or whatever talking point people like to throw out (although I do have to wonder why a 55 yarder wasn't attempted on the last play). The team simply looked like they didn't give a sht. I don't say this lightly: it was very reminiscent of the kind of performances that got Richt fired. I'm not at all suggesting that that's what needs to happen here, but the sad truth is that this was exactly that kind of game. Well, the defense played well enough to win. But FIVE turnovers?! Coming out of a timeout on the final play of the game and letting the play clock run down to the point of getting an illegal formation call and losing 5 yards? Letting the ball hit you in the hands in overtime, and instead of picking up the easy first down, you let the defense catch it? Disorganized. Unfocused. Poorly coached. And I say this as someone who has been a strong defender of Smart through the tough losses over the past 2 years. This one is absolutely on him.

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dear uga fans,

buckle you chin strap and get ready for a tough 2 weeks until Florida. We deserve the name calling and such.

favored by 3 scores! USC has 3 losses!

At home!

...Georgia standard was not held up. I don’t think we need to fire people ( coley recruits south Florida too well), but as Kirby says

change is inevitable but progress is optional.

kirby,

progress your entire team! Play calling, special teams, tackling!

larry Munson is rolling in his grave. Didn’t see a single dog today play like a junkyard dawg!

also, is it me or are our offensive players too easily tackled? Or does everyone just tackle better when they play Georgia???

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess I answered my own initial question.

• jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well we can dispense with a few myths now:

1. Kirby smart is the next Saban
    2. Fromm is a Heisman candidate
    3. The O line is one of the best in the country
    4. Jim Chaney was the problem with play calling
    5. You can hire recruiters as assistant coaches

Still possible to have a good season but this staff ain't gonna beat an elite team.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where is Smart jumping into the crowd now after SC..huh? He lucked out last week,...really did. UGA is a bottom feeder in the SEC now. The millions spent to get this phenom coach Smart....yeah, right. Let him go...I have seen enough..it is ON HIM. It is embarrassing to have to say I am a UGA alum. How he ever beat Notre Dame is beyond me. He won't beat FL or LSU...no way...! I will wager KY will beat them as well next week. FIRE SMART or we are back in the less than Richt rut!!! Get another quarterback too. Fromm is not top quality....! He just talks like he is. Sorry Fromm....you are no Fields.