Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia vs South Carolina

DawgBarkerDawgBarker Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

The dawgs looked awful. Coaching was lacking, running game was stuffed, Jake didn't perform up to expectations. The vaunted offensive line was completely overwhelmed by the defensive line of the Gamecocks. There seems to be one game every year when the Dawgs are either unprepared or overconfident. Based on what I saw Saturday, in two games, I'm not sure the Dawgs will be able to handle Florida. The Gators never gave up against LSU. What can I say about the Dawgs? I'll state the obvious. The Dawgs have to win out, convincingly, and win the SEC Championship, to get to the Playoffs. Otherwise, they will once again be in the Sugar Bowl. Unless they lose to Florida, and then it will likely be the Outback Bowl, or worse.

Comments

• MackDawgMackDawg Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We couldn't win an FCS championship at this point. When things get thicker we get tighter.

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

slow start, slower finish

• SubmarineDawgSubmarineDawg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2019

If Fromm had Ruggs, Jeudy, Waddle and Smith we would have beat the Gamecocks by 40. Our receivers are a huge problem.

• alumnibillalumnibill Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

We have a head coaching problem. Kirby has had too much success (at least up to a point!) too early in his HC career and now appears too stubborn and/or arrogant to see his own shortcomings as to where he needs outside help and improvement to become the kind of coach who can lead a team of of talented young men to the NC. I just saw a very recent video where he is saying "Do a study...you don't turn the ball over 4 times and win. So in his efforts to defend the indefensible and deflect blame, he just all but admitted that in his mind, he gave up on his team and on winning after our 4th turnover. How else to interpret?? This might answer the botched play calling down the stretch leading up to the mismanaged field goal kick. Fact is he still tends to fold when the heat of the moment clutch plays are ready to go down. Its a trend here... If he doesn't get a handle on the "psychology" of the winning mindset of playing to win vs. playing not to lose (our BAMA game plan the last two meetings), and doing so even in the midst of manageable adversity mid-game. He must learn how to impart that into the staff and players day in and day out as a culture not a slogan. Otherwise, I'm afraid we might be looking at Richt 2: a HC coach who is a good man...a consistent group of talented players...some good wins...some confounding losses and routine 9-3 or 10-2 seasons as a perennial under-achieving program...sound familiar... I am sure the powers that be at GA haven't invested literally tens of millions of dollars into facilities and into Kirby's bank account to end up back where we began again in 2016. The truly great coaches possess the ability to not only manage the X's and O's and recruit well but more importantly lead in forming the mindsets and belief systems of the organization from top to bottom. Think Lombardi, Belichick, Bryant, Saban. Never give up, never say die, no excuses, when you're down in a game, go out and pull victory from the jaws of defeat and not pull defeat from the jaws of victory (as we have against BAMA in the NC and SECCG...) This is the hump that 99% of otherwise competent recruiters and coaches never get over...Can Kirby Smart???

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In your opinion those are shortcomings. Your judgements are just that - judgements/opinions. Not the same as facts. You are, of course, entitled to them. I, for one, am not buying in.

• Rather_B_FishingRather_B_Fishing Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

Its easy for ALL OF US (including myself)  to criticize form the sidelines. We can say anything we want... and what "we" would do if "we" were the HC. We can ONLY speak in hypotheticals. None of us here are the HC of Georgia, we are just fans. And just like ALL of you, I so desperately want UGA  to win a natty!! I do believe in KS. He has definitely taken UGA  to another level. And just like ALL of US, Coach Smart is human and makes mistakes. I'm very grateful that the mistakes I make at work their, aren't millions of people laying in the weeds ready to pounce on me.  Yes, CKS  gets very well compensated for his job. And I think he deserves every penny! I am very happy he is our HC.

• VStateBlazerVStateBlazer Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Gentlemen,

Be very cautious with your expectations for the remainder of this season. I love Georgia, but fear we just are not that good this year. Yes the offense is archaic. More importantly we just don’t have the lads capable of overcoming said offense this time. I pray I am wrong however.

• VStateBlazerVStateBlazer Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Also, with all of this talk about needing more “explosiveness”, I really began to wonder:

Is this style offense Coach Smart runs even designed to be explosive? I would argue no. We have had some special players who created explosive results from pedestrian plays is all. Nick, Sony and Mecole were explosive players.