Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    HumbleYourselfHumbleYourself Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

I by no means want to be on the other side of this one, because I agree one bad game shouldn't make the difference for anybody. But I will say Oregon losing to Auburn didn't really change anyone's perception of that program. Losing a home game to a 25 point underdog with a losing record may cast some doubt into the minds of 18 year olds when the narrative they have been hearing centers around playing for a championship. Particularly when it's a close race.

Nobody should be looking at the USC loss and thinking "no big deal," but there is a difference between recognizing that it is potentially impactful and losing faith in a coaching staff that has done a great deal to earn our trust in their ability get the job done and close the deal.

I for one stand firm in my faith in Kirby and the staff when it comes to recruiting and look forward to next week when we have the oportunity to rejoice that we stuck with Coley rather than bring in the Kentucky coach we just beat the tar out of because dwelling on USCe is no bueno for anybody.

• Options
    razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

I agree - the loss vs SC left a mark whereas the Oregon loss to Auburn is a “quality loss” to a ranked team.

That said: if (when) UGA beats UF, it’s likely in the SEC title game which is right where Smart and staff have been selling kids they’ll be in most years. All systems go, I would think.

• Options
    CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So Zach Evans didnt make the LSU game this past weekend ?, never know whats going on in this one haha.

• Options
    MackDawgMackDawg Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Really? Sheesh....if I knew for a fact where Evans would end up I'd probably have the winning lottery numbers too.

• Options
    Blake_WilsonBlake_Wilson Posts: 15 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well that’s a little surprising!

• Options

Yep - definitely nothing to this...

• Options
    MackDawgMackDawg Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As long as OV pictures of Ringo's mom holding a duck don't emerge I think we're sitting in a good position...

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are we even playing Kentucky this weekend? I mean, what's the point?

• Options
    AnyUpdatesonRingoAnyUpdatesonRingo Posts: 75 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Respectfully - not sure why actual comments/posts on the social media accounts of the consensus #1 target at his position in the 2020 class and/or his family aren’t relevant to this thread.

Do I hope Ringo does indeed commit to UGA? I do

Do I trust our resident insiders when they say they have it on good authority that we remain in great shape and/or they’re Implied silent commits? I do

Do things evolve rapidly with recruits and their families? Absolutely

All that said - I don’t think it’s unreasonable to wonder if something new has evolved when his Mom is posting “we’ll be back”? Taking OV’s and saying “we had a great time” are fine...Saying “we’ll be back” (in Eugene, on their own dime) seems like more than just “thanks y’all”.

Would be glad to be wrong.

Unrelated - what does 4 pages of reaction to a tough loss have to do with a barrage of posts by Ringo and his Mom have to do with anything? With or without Ringo, the future of this program and this recruiting class is bright.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How would staff know this was coming? Is it just more of a prediction knowing the other schools wouldn’t give up? Do other programs leak information about who they’re targeting and it makes its way all the way down to Athens?

This discussion has been closed.