Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia RB D'Andre Swift stands up for team, puts critics in their place

2»

Comments

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

If the coaches took responsibility in media, then the players would be clear on who the boo birds were directing it all towards. Bottom line is this team is not going to win the big game and none of it will matter when they are going to the Outback Bowl in a few weeks. D'Andre Swift will not play to protect NFL draft status and then go to NFl and play under a bad contract for 4 years.

• ATDATD Posts: 258 ✭✭✭ Junior

The comments made in numerous posts about booing play calls, not players sounds like the pathetic attempt of anthem-kneelers trying to tell us they aren't disrespecting our flag. No one is pleased with the offensive performance but booing your team with recruits in attendance is inexcusable. I agree with Swift. If you can't support the team, stay home and pound on your keyboard. Go Dawgs!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

NO blame on the players. I guess we now have let the PC culture into football viewing where any dissent over the Offensive play calling(pun intended) can't be allowed or commented upon(booing is a comment). JUst keep your disust to yourself. A real fan wouldn't ever be disgusted when game after game they see the same struggles on the offense and the generic play calling and subsequent struggles. DId anyone really think UGA would convert the 4th and 1? I didn't. BUt I guess I'm a bad fan for not believing we would after we hadn't been able to all year. MY bad. I've followed this team since my childhood thick and thin, the good and the bad. You know even when the announcers are srcatching their heads about the offense that something is wrong. BUt as long as we can beat the lessor talented teams, (oh thats right we got beat by one last week), we should continue drinking the kool-aide. Snowflakes abound.

• JDTDGDJDTDGD Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Some of y'all make me sick. You can't direct boos at a specific aspect of a team. When you boo, you're booing the whole team. That's how the players see it, that's how the media sees it, that's how recruits see it and that's how other fans who aren't booing see it.

All of these armchair OCs think they know how to call better plays than people who make a living doing that. If you don't like the way the UGA offense is run, pick a different team to cheer for. Donating/buying tickets/being a fan doesn't entitle you to decide the offensive philosophy for that team.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Anybody that would boo their team for a any reason in that deluge is bordering on vicious, spoiled and uncaring. The effort required to simply keep your feet in those conditions is tremendous. We won in a shutout!! Each game is a battle in the overall season war. We won that slugfest and came out with no serious injuries (that I have heard). Spoiled and "entitled" fans, get over yourselves.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched a replay of the UGA KY tilt...to get a better look at what transpired. KY converted on nearly every 3rd down in first two qtrs...UGA..well, they converted on a couple. KY was penalized on two key long runs or this game could have easily gone to KY, folks. UGA did nothing, nothing,. until midway through the third quarter. I felt very uneasy as KY was shoving UGA around up front. Of course, later, I could see that KY was tiring and two end runs and a shove/leap by Swift later and UGA eked out the win. This was a slug fest of opposing lines...but believe me...KY was getting the better of UGA in the trenches in most cases all first half. Could have been a 21-14 or worse game...I am telling you. Penalties saved UGA on two occasions. UGA did not impress me at all....Swfit and Herrian did. Fromm, he was handing off the ball with no finesse...just stood there and handed it to Swift and Herrian..they did the work......! Anyone could see they were getting the ball!! Swift is one of the best scat backs in the league!! He literally spun out of that one tackle and sped on into the endzone...what a gifted runner!!! He will be drafted next year. But enjoy him while we can!!!! All I can say is UGA will have to revolutionize their game plan or we are in for some losses. We need to open up the defenses and sky the ball more. Sorry...that is how I saw it. I am a UGA grad and love my Dawgs, but the coaching seems so unimaginative...rain or no rain. GO PUPPIES!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The booing is for children who do not understand football. We shut-out Kentucky and won by 21. The first shut-out of a SEC team at home since 2010.

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

1the Dawgs are fine. If you want a team that throws all the time go watch another team.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We fans deserve, we fans want, we fans expect, we fans are experts. I'm afraid the ME GENERATION is now the typical Dawg fan. Boo then Boo some more, because they think Booing shows these fans really know football. Heck, we fans don't care what recruits think of our Booing, if they don't like it. they can go play some where else, because I'm smug and want to show I'm an expert by Booing.