Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Who should the Falcons hire as their next HC?

124»

Comments

• 1970Dawg1970Dawg Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yep, this has Mike McCarthy written all over it

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Latest word is that Arthur Blank has no intention of firing Quinn or Dimitroff. That really has me scratching my head.

Can he get away with that? Isn't SOME kind of change needed?

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How about Nick Saban it would make Sunday fun again. Think how much fun this season would be if it was him on the side line. A six pack, cheese dip and a bag of scoops. That would make me quite happy 😃

My understanding is he has no intention of firing DQ at this time. I would presume if things stay on this trajectory he has no choice but to clean house come Black Monday. If he doesn't then we could safely say Mr Blank has lost his everlovin mind!!

The fear is, somehow they win a few down the stretch and AB thinks things are turning around and he keeps them both then screws up perfectly good draft position once again.

• TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only way the Falcons should win a couple is if someone else is calling the defense. The defense is garbage. Poor offense has to score 30 to have a chance.

And that Freeman contract has to be one of the worst I have ever seen. Only a couple elite RBs worth what they make.

As for coach, I would reach out to Josh McDaniels. Dude can coach an offense....his offenses can run or throw it. He builds around his talent. If that fails, bring in James Franklin. This guy can get it done. If you can win at Vandy, then you can win anywhere. He finished 24-15 @ VANDY!!! And the NFL just got their lowest diversity rating in 15 years so this solves two issues with one stone.

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

Dabo Sweeney. All in boys, bring your own guts!

Just kidding

Both good, interesting calls as far as next coach. Just wonder if Franklin would have interest in coaching on Sundays. If he does then I think that would be exciting.

However, I think AB wants a slam dunk Sunday guy at this point, so McDaniel might be, in his mind, a better bet!

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

anyone think Kirby would make the jump if offered?

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I do not because he hasn’t accomplished what he wants to get done for his alma mater.

• UGA4LifeUGA4Life Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I also would not be surprised if the falcons win a couple of meaningless games down the stretch to eff up the draft position, plus give AB the warm and tinglies about keeping DQ and TD.

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't. I think he views college vs NFL similarly to Saban. In college he can create built in advantages through facilities and out-recruiting the competition. NFL is much more of a level playing field. Saban has even publicly said that if he had it to do over again he never would have left LSU to go to Miami.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

I watched a video on Saban's time with the Dolphins and they had a really good point. Saban is an absolute control freak. In college the coach's for all intents and purposes own these players as they have all the power and can kick players off the team with little to no consequences. It doesn't work that way in the NFL. The players have a lot more freedom, written contract laws and stipulations and lawyers to fight for them. Saban was trying to run the Dolphins like he does a college team and all the players turned against him and basically refused to play for him.