Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Ranking

KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When we played Notre Dame and Florida, they both were ranked in the top 10. Why don't we get credit for beating two top 10 teams? Auburn is now 15th, but we're ranked higher when we played them. The polls doesn't seem to give teams teams credit for beating opponents with their rankings when they play. Am I missing something?

Comments

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

We’ve been discredited all season long. Just gonna be more fun wen we shock everyone

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get what you're saying, but every team is getting ranked based on where the teams they beat are currently ranked, so it's fair (about as fair as you can make it).

• Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do you think LSU should get credit for beating Texas when they were in the top 10? No, they have 4 losses now and not even ranked so that win isn’t that impressive. Same when Bama beat FSU cause they were preseason 3rd and finished 7-5. It matters where they are ranked in the most recent rankings on how impressive it is.

• GBALGBAL Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2019

It should be based on ranking at this point of season and not when they played. Think about it.... those rankings early are based primarily on media SWAGS and prior to seeing any games actually played out on the field. Means nothing.

Credit should be given based on actual performance and not some prediction.

IE Syracuse started season #22 and is now 4-6 and 6th in the ACC.

It is fair IMO.

• KBPKBP Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@UgaUgadawg1993, yes I do think LSU should get credit for beating Texas when they were in the top 10. If not, why rank teams at all before at least half of the season has been played.. LSU should not be penalized because the experts over-ranked Texas. When you play a team should matter. What's more impressive, beating Bama with or without Tagovailoa? In my opinion, beating top 5 Bama with him would be better than beating a lower ranked Bama without him. I really appreciate your response as I do Kasey's, Teddy's and GBAL's.