Home Diamond Dawgs Baseball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Baseball Recruiting

BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
edited November 2019 in Diamond Dawgs Baseball

We signed 13 new players for the 2020 season but not one top 100 player. We finished 26th in recruiting. My question is we’re recruiting well in football, basketball, track and even women’s golf. We have the facility’s and the fan base coaching is getting better every year. We’ve been close these past 2 season’s so what is it. What’s it going to take to pull in a handful of players to get us over the hump?

https://us.v-cdn.net/6029559/uploads/814/VIVN73MDX2SV.pdf There was an error displaying this embed.

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our class is ranked 10th in the conference. 10th. In the conference.

#1 ranked player in the country is from Stone Mountain but opted to leave the state for Duke.

I'm not sold on Stricklin yet but I hope he proves me wrong.

-------

PS- you may want to add "Baseball" or "Diamond Dawgs" to the thread title. (I know it's in the category but a lot of folks won't notice that.)

• Tdub0199Tdub0199 Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Are we talking baseball here?

• SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, that's a bummer. Looked like we were heading in the right direction but lost a lot of talent & it takes awhile to build a solid program

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From what I know Stricklin doesn't recruit guys that are threats to turn pro unless he feels like he has a shot to get them on campus. With Cole Wilcox he knew he did because of where his birthday lined up (he most likely is going to be 2 and MLB, or better put MiLB). Emerson Hancock might go 1-1 in 2020 but he wasn't viewed as highly as he is now when he got on campus. Georgia's starting staff should be good again, and based off what D1Baseball saw at the scrimmage in the fall, the pitching staff as a whole could be good. Offense is a big mystery though and there might be a major drop after 2020 after Georgia loses Hancock, Wilcox, and CJ Smith. That's where Stricklin is either going to fail or make bank.

Guys like Michael Curry, Keegan McGovern, and even Aaron Schunk weren't threats to turn pro immediately, and just grew into big time college baseball players.

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sorry didn’t call it a thread. Get it right next time. Live and learn

Can someone tell me how to close this out. I put it up last year before I understood what I was doing. Still learning.

It's all good Bigg. No need to close it. Let it die a natural death and that way someone can still resurrect it later if needed.

Nothing wrong with having a dedicated thread for UGA baseball recruiting.

I took your advice last year and started the 2020 thread this year and I wanted to close this one out so there would be no confusion and people would post on the other one. I looked back and seen your comments and now I realize I should have put diamond dawgs. Get it right next time.

This discussion has been closed.