Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• thegreatwhite1thegreatwhite1 Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ Junior

LSU has always brought in great skill position players even when they had terrible QBs. It took Tua dropping the ball going into the end zone and many other Bama F-ups for them to win against the worst Bama defense in the last 12 years. They have NO QBs to follow Joe. I’m still worried about beating Bama year in year out. LSU will always be an ebb and flow program with O. They better enjoy this year. Wouldn’t be surprised to see A&M leap frog them for good after this year due to the fact that Jimbo has a triple digit IQ, and A&M recruiting has been solid where it counts. That said, I can’t wait to see who we close with in this class. The “sky is falling “ guys in here can **** a big one. Kirb and the boys will rake em when it comes time.

• JayJay Posts: 198 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Joe himself was a transfer that nobody saw going to LSU this time last year. Myles Brennan could be a world beater for the next two years, for all you know. Kid was a .9347 composite on 247 and now has three years of experience. Carson Beck is a .9356, and people expect him to be our starter as a redshirt freshman. This narrative that LSU is going to be trash the next few years with no quarterback is ridiculous and needs to stop.

• 70dawg70dawg Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nobody's sayin lswho is gonna be trash, just probably take a step back. Brennan may be great, but not without a competent Oline. Maybe they'll move some of those 8 dline guys over to Oline

• jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

So Sewell just got Fonged today and we aren’t going to discuss this?!

• dawgbybirthdawgbybirth Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sewell slipping away in crystal balls. Unique talent.

Just keeping winning with tomorrow. Recruiting will workout great. It always does under Kirby.

• KevM0626KevM0626 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman
    edited November 2019

Ok I'll bite....start the discussion....what you got? Read he got a couple CBs to Oregon today.

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

This is why I take everyone who has supposed inside sources and posts mocks with a grain of salt.

Sewell gone

Burch gone

Evans gone

Arik gone

• jtdawg2020jtdawg2020 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

So I think it’s safe to ask what our back up plan at ilb now that Sewell is gone.... and Flowe just cancelled his visit

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is no backup. I think Simpson is the only other guy we’d take in 20 at ILB

• jay_kubzzjay_kubzz Posts: 658 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My last post isn’t a personal attack on anyone. I thoroughly enjoy the content brought to this site from guys like So_Fl and others. I just get my hopes up with some of the top targets that slip away. I’m just saying I take all mocks with a grain of salt. Nobody knows where a 17 or 18 year old will end up until they are actually on campus.

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, that’s a fair point. I try to feel the same, and, for instance, I’m not super bummed about Evans, but Sewell was my favorite recruit by a long shot this class so it actually hurts a little.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Y'all 'member when Arik got all those CB's to Bama? I 'member. It was right before he committed to Ba...errr....LSU?!

I ain't lost hope on Sewell just yet. 🤞

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

I think Evans is probably gone at this point. We had our shot until that suspension, then we wanted him to hold out to make sure the suspension wasn't a problem, and doing so let him most likely slip away. I'm not too upset about him, just more concerned about possibly only taking 1 back. Not sure that this is smart. We probably can get away with it if we do just go with Milton, but it makes taking 2 for 2021 extremely crucial. Can't skimp then for "BPA" when depending on what you see White/Cook do, you could have just 2 scholarship RBs after 2020.

Now in the other cases for this year, for now I'd just hold out and see. You can't get yourself all wrapped up in rumors. Besides, we can't do anything about it. It's up to Georgia's recruiters, God, and these teenagers to close it out.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019
  • CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

If we only take Milton in this class, we will sign 2 guys in 2021. Potentially both Zeus and Cook could be gone after next season, yes. But we would still have 3 but more than likely 4 RBs on scholarship heading into the 2021 season.

This discussion has been closed.