Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Hoop Dawgs

Comments

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This sounds like the dramatic start to an awesome basketball-adventure movie. Cue Epic Movie-voice Guy:

"In a world, where better players typically get more playing time, one player stands alone...For the first time this decade, Georgia Basketball Studios presents, Pretty Good: the Rayshaun Hammonds Story."

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah it has a little bit of a "he's never blown a save in a day game after 3 days rest at home in throwback unis" stat feel to it, but impressive none the less.

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I know we have Dayton first but I can’t help but look forward to Tuesday. We get either Michigan State or Virginia Tech. Either team will be good if for no other reason than name recognition. We just can’t take a blowout. Like I said I’m no basketball coach but it seems to me we need a little work on our outside shooting Defense late game. The two 3-pointers late made It closer than making them drive to the hoop and score. We won that’s the main thing. I read where a sports writer said we could lose more than the Antman after this season. He didn’t say who. I hope he’s not talking about our big men. Who do each of you think he’s writing about?

• LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Rayshaun Hammonds would be my first guess.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Hammonds could absolutely be an early entry if he continues (well, not too early for basketball but earlier than some think). Unlike Maten he has more combo forward skills. He however had a focus and buy in issue it felt like to me last year.

It'd be a good thing for the team this year if he did, as if he did, this team probably is making the tournament.

• SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ngumezi (our resident Savh boy) is gonna be a monster for us down the road. Crump, Carmara, Wheeler's a spark....I love what CTC has built & let's not forget, we're only 4 games into his second year. Don't need to win it all to keep this recruiting train rolling. Couple of signature wins, maybe make a run in the SEC & who knows?? Why not us, why not this team? Some Cinderella comes out of nowhere every year. Regardless this is a helluva fun team to watch!

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is off topic kind of. I just got Roko with ESPN + now I can watch any ESPN + games. You can probably guess I’m not tech savvy still don’t have a computer. I use my phone so it will be nice to basketball on tv.

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“There’s a new sheriff in town and his name is Rayshaun Hammonds “

edited November 2019

Set your DVRs folks, Maui Invitational tips off tomorrow.

Go Dawgs!

Short week, tons of food and Dawg games galore. HBTFD!

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rough start (down 18-6 at the moment). Hope we can battle back.

Down big early. Let’s see what they can do

Just got in & caught up. Yikes!

Hammonds get in early foul trouble? I don't see him

15 turnovers in 1st half, looking eerily familiar.

• DataDawgDataDawg Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

First time watching them this season and a couple of things stand out to me from just this game:

1) Big upgrade athletically this year

2) Transition Defense is atrocious

3) Our dribble drive offense plays to our athletic strengths, but we often look out of control.

Excited to see where this team goes as they are forced to grow up quickly this year.

WHY IS HAMMONDS NOT PLAYING??!

Waaaay outmatched today but I'm not seeing any quit in our young pups.

Back to work & keep on choppin' boys, you'll get there.

Future superstar in Ngumezi

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know this is a young team, but you can at least not play guys like Tyree Crump (no choice with Hammonds though), start your only passing PG on the team instead of bringing him off the bench, and at least try to run offense instead of starting out playing one on one. The youth excuse only goes so far, and Crump needs to get his butt firmly planted on the bench when Harris' suspension ends at the very least. He honestly shouldn't even be playing in front of Fagan.

The tone was set early and it might not have mattered but it was exacerbated by those choices.

Not sold on Crean, and he's not going to have much time if there is no improvement this year. Different era, and if you at least don't show mediocrity, which would be improvement, I think Georgia reacts quicker.