Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Anthony Edwards was simply amazing ...

MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

long-range threes, steals, blocked shots, skip-passes.... this guy showed it all against one of the toughest programs in the country.

Tagged:

Comments

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched this game today and was, for the first time, blown away by him. He almost singlehandedly carried the Dawgs from 28 down to within 2 - all within about 15 minutes. It was amazing. This team is only going to get better.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

For those who don't read the article:

37 points, 6 rebounds, 4 steals, 3 blocks, 2 assists.

Against Michigan State. Preseason #1 (by some rankings.)

Those are crazy numbers for any player at any level.

Anthony is 18.

Be patient with this team. See where we are come March.

• Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For those of us who were watching this game, I think we'd all agree that the word "amazing" is not even close to being the right word to describe what we witnessed in this game. I have watched a lot of college basketball over the years, but the only comparison I can even think of is the glory days of Pistol Pete.

To this point It's been obvious that Anthony only wants to be unselfish, share the ball, be a good teammate and win as a team. I say for this team to be competitive and really be a winner, CTC and the rest of the Bulldog team need to sit Mr. Edwards down and flat out tell him that this is his team. Tell him to take it and go and that they'll all be aboard for the ride . If they do, we're all gonna see something truly special this season.

• Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can you imagine what the Steg will be like the first time he does this sort of thing against Kentucky or Florida or heck, anybody?

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I Don’t think one player will be enough. If we had him for 2 or 3 years maybe.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I said this above, but it was unlike I’ve ever seen in 30 years of watching UGA basketball. Believe the hype. Yeah, we lost, but barely, and it was against a a final four team. Can he do this every night? Probably not, but it was fun to watch.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

If Tom Crean can keep bringing in exciting players like this, give him a lifetime contract as far as i'm concerned. Someone was ready to fire Crean last night before the Antman explosion...for shame

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know it couldn’t be anyone on this board, no one ever wants to fire anyone on here

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did you guys see the buzzer beater against Chaminade???