Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia offense ready to 'open up the playbook' for LSU in SEC Championship Game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,490 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia offense ready to 'open up the playbook' for LSU in SEC Championship Game

Georgia's offense is ready to spring plays on LSU that it hasn't run all season, but Jake Fromm says it still comes down to winning one-on-one battles

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes! Time for the super secret playbook. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, here's the thing... EVERY game should utilize your entire playbook just to keep the opposing defense from guessing your plays. If they predict a run up the middle and you do, then it doesn't matter if you have the best RBs in the nation, the D WILL STOP YOU.

I'm not talking about "trick plays" but different formations and combinations.

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

The offense is so antiquated as is that I picture the playbook as either on a parchment scroll or some kind of Middle Ages illuminated manuscript. “And verily thou shalt forsaketh all long passes. Runneth thou the ball only into the middle of the line. Runneth not the ball unto either sideline.”

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“It’s about winning first downs, and how we can win our one-on-one battles,” Fromm said. “All 11 guys are playing for the team, but it kind of revolves around winning the one-on-ones. So we have to win our one-on-ones, and we have to win on first down.” Pretty much says it all, Jake. Convert on first! All this new playbook, new look stuff and prattle could mean trouble for the offense. If it doesn't run smoothly, LSU will capitalize quickly. Better refine what UGA already practices and get that down pat. Fromm needs to stretch out his passing arm a bit and get the ball into the hands of long-run receivers...accurately! Made some bad throws against TECH. We reprise a lot of this talk becuase it keeps happening game after game. We all know UGA lost most of its receivers. Rebuilding is tough! Cager, gone....so FRESHMAN Pickens now leads in stats. He is out for first half of game...one whole half...that is a lot against an excellent team like LSU!! Play what you know and play it hard! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wazzo, that was a pretty funny comment. But, being an 80's kid, growing up watching Herschel dot the "I" and run by and over opposing defenses, I have to admit to a small sense or arousal during the Tech game when I saw Fromm under center and do a toss pitch. I'm still imagining it. Ooohhhhh. Sorry. But it's been such a long time, for me. HAHA! As antiquated as it is, the toss pitch works. But any judgement of future success must be withheld on account it was against Tech, that it worked. I would love to see the I formation with a "fullback" plowing the road for Swift and company and watch a frustrated LSU defense try to find a way to stop a play they know is coming.

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'll believe it when I see it. 🙂

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why didn't we "open up the playbook" when we were about to lose to a terrible S Carolina team? The most important game of the year and our players will just now see these plays in competition? I hope they have been practicing them OFTEN in practice. I am not so sure about saving anything more than a few plays for "the big game."

• Options
    tglenn93tglenn93 Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

"Open up the playbook" is smoke and mirrors. An average highschool d coordinator could scheme up our offense...

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 794 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mike - the playbook is not the problem. Our problems stem from poor execution. Hopefully, all of our offensive components will be primed and ready to execute whatever play that is called, without the costly penalties, drops, fumbles, missed blocks, or poorly thrown balls.

We need all hands on deck to tame those tigas.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You mean they've been holding back the good stuff? OK Jake, make me a believer.

• Options
    RollDogRollDog Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited December 2019

We'll see won't we?