Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arkansas announces Sam Pittman, Georgia football offensive line coach, as next head coach

2»

Comments

• Options
    Dallas1862Dallas1862 Posts: 43 ✭✭ Sophomore

Dawg365,

I seriously DOUBT Coach Pittman is a [me, me, me, me, me, me.... guy] at all!

I wish him well an hope he's happy an enjoys some solid success. Yes, I feel he's gonna turn that program around and have em in a bowl in a couple years tops.

My concern is goin forward, does CKS make major changes too the offense? If so, where does that leave the guys Pitt has brought in the last couple years? If the offense becomes more balanced or even leans on the pass more. Do we have the right type of players on the O-line?

Just because a guy is a roadgrader, doesn't mean he can pass block or vice versa. Not to mention if CKS makes significant changes in the offense, does this cause Kendall Milton too rethink his choice of school? Hopefully not. Dawgs rule!!

• Options
    Mickey_HandMickey_Hand Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Nooooooooo!

Say it ain't so, Sam.

• Options
    FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

So keeping Coley and losing Pittman. The Georgia way. What a freaking joke

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No no no no no!!! That is a huge blow for our program and I'd expect Arkansas to start building some big OLs.

I mean, I'm glad it's not Mizz as they'd become dangerous in the East, but crap, that hurts.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Not many O line coaches of Pittmans quality around. He will be hard to replace.

• Options
    RollDogRollDog Posts: 38 ✭✭ Sophomore

Losing Sam is 100 times worse than losing the game Saturday. Arkansas will still never win big in the SEC west, but UGA lost big by losing Sam.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pittman is a great recruiter, he brought in the cream of the crop. For some reason they didn't perform like the cream of the crop this year, why was that? I wish Pittman the best but I seriously have to question whether he has the planning and organizational skills required to put together and hold together a program in the condition that the Arkansas program is in right now. Not many quality coaches were lined up at the door for this job.

His loss will probably impact the current incoming class of OL recruits some but we have the depth to sustain for at least next year. Long term it will depend on who KS and UGA can attract. Maybe look toward the NFL for someone who can help build on a tradition Pittman started.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bummer!!! Sam is probably the best recruiter we’ve had in decades, but I think he was

a mediocre OL coach who was loved by his players. Popular guy with a great personality.

We have an OL comprised of “Top 5” HS players at every position and everyone of those players

was a high ranked 4 or 5 star. No team had better talent yet we couldn’t open holes for our great

running backs. I’ll miss Sam, his humor and incredible recruiting, but I won’t miss his on field coaching.