Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Hoop Dawgs

Comments

• SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yah, my buddy just informed me, that blows. Nothing on DN about it, what happened?

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

They can most definitely score. The D looks better but has to improve especially against the teams we have coming up.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Georgia basketball coach Tom Crean released a statement on the matter prior to the start of Wednesday night’s game. “There are a combination of factors involved in this decision, all of which are associated with his lack of personal awareness and the attitude expected of a Georgia Bulldog basketball player,” Crean said.

-----

This is excerpted from the DN article that was posted after it came up on this thread.

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If they keep maturing and protect the ball better, this is a tournament team. I think some of the TO's cane be placed on using a lot of different players before the SEC schedule starts. I think when it gets down to the beast 7 or 8 to fit his scheme, we will see a team that can play with every team on their schedule. Go round ball Dawgs.

So basically mouthed off to a coach it sounds like. My buddy's nephew played with him in Savh & said he was cocky but I'd expect that with players at this level. Hopefully can straighten up cuz he could be an absolute beast for us.

I’m ready to put 🏈 behind me. I’m looking forward to these next two 🏀 games there gonna tell us a lot about where we are. We have offense. We need our defense to improve. I just hope we don’t 👀 like a team that doesn’t belong on the court with Arizona state and SMU like Ga against LSU last weekend.

Any word on Amanze Ngumezi I know he’s suspended indefinitely I was wondering if anyone found out why other than what’s been put out by UGA. I know we get Jordan Harris back for the SMU game maybe that will help can’t hurt. I’m waiting to see how we look when we have a full bench of players after all these years of being short handed.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike Peake and Toumani Camara have shown they can step up. Don’t have the same size, but energy and intensity is there.

Nothing on DN. Wouldn't expect him back soon but we can hope, he's a beast down low

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

From the way it sounds from a guy that has tended to have inside sources on 247, it doesn't sound very likely at this point that he comes back. The team is sick of his attitude and he's been an attitude problem since he got on campus. Sounds like a possible processing for Dylan Cardwell.

But then Harris at one point also didn't seem likely to come back, although his issues don't seem to be attitude.

• LakeDawgLakeDawg Posts: 52 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just looked at our schedule.... We have a rough next 8 games. If we can some how go 5-3 or better will be off and running but hopefully at least 4-4. If they can cut down on the turnovers and improve some on d this team has a shot... Loosing Amanze hurts if it is truly indefinitely. Looking forward to seeing what this team can do.

I know I've seen a little on the BB recruiting thread but how are things looking so far as recruiting goes? Assuming this is a slow time in basketball recruiting?

edited December 2019

Just took a look too & think realistically 3-3 over the next 6 before we get into SEC play is more than possible. To your point, it's time to grow up quick and cut out the self imposed turnovers. CTC will have them ready. Hope everybody gets behind this team because they are really high energy & fun to watch. And maybe DN will start covering more than just game recaps, I'm interested in recruiting as well & ready to put football behind me for a few months..

edited December 2019

This no tv crap sucks

• orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Better start shooting better, rough road ahead.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was the most painful probably hour plus or so that I've seen when I got to tune in for the 2nd half, and I've seen some bad games by Georgia basketball (skipped some of the worst though in recent years).

It's trending very close to what I tweeted on twitter. Edwards might really have to explode a few more times, or there might be no budging even back towards near mediocrity.

• Bulldawg90Bulldawg90 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

8.3% from 3 point range. 34% from field. Barely over 50% from the line, and 19 turnovers. ASU was terrible as well and we still got beat by 20.

I swear man, in college hoops today if you can just shoot 40 percent from the floor, 80 percent of your free throws, and keep turnovers under 10, you could probably win 25 games.

I know they’re young. But shooting, dribbling, and passing seem like things that should be practiced ad nauseam. Basic fundamentals seems like ancient theories in basketball.

I'm glad I didn't get it now...

I've only missed two games this year but they're like Jekyll and Hyde, unexplainable.

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Youth sounds like the issue, but UK contends every year with a bunch of one and doners. But even they are struggling with youth. Evansville beat them, and I enjoyed that.

We run around like a bunch of chickens with our heads up our rear ends.