Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• VirginiaDawgVirginiaDawg Posts: 355 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Off topic, but if he is declaring, does he play in the bowl game? If not, who is the starter? Mailman? Has Mathis been cleared?

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree too big of risk for him to return and not improve. Jake looks good when he makes quick decisions and quick throws, but doesn’t when the pocket breaks down or plays are extended. Strangest thing his aversion to throwing to the middle of the field.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would if I were him. I think that’s also why Swift will play and still declare. LSU tape is not the final tape to leave for scouts imo.

Bennett would start if not.

• NomadDawgNomadDawg Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That tweet won’t age well. By the end of this cycle it’ll read more like him warning fans that “more (dawgs are) coming” to beat the Vols

• BarkingDawgBarkingDawg Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still puzzled by middle of field issues, but can anyone find gif of his interception on throw up middle that bounced offdefenders helmet in 2017 National championship game. Great blocking but bad luck. Bad omen or something spooked him.

• Ugadawg1993Ugadawg1993 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2019

@SoFL_Dawg is right next year looks to be a transitional year experience wise for our dawgs. We all know how important experience is in the SEC i.e 2017 season. That being said we should still win the East but idk if we can win the SEC based on our experience factor. I think bama does it next year fwiw. We lose a lot on the line offensively and it looks like we are losing our safeties as well. If we go 10-2 with a sec championship birth I’ll be happy cause we will have a lot of talent and experience in the 2021 season to seriously win the natty. But hey maybe next year will be like 2017 cause I thought before that season it would be a success just winning the East after going 8-5 the year before and look what happened.

• SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Unequivocally yes. You’re looking at the score board. Start subtracting those expected to leave and compare the personnel.

New OL, new safety combo, new QB, new WRs, unproven RBs, lesser TE room. It’s right there in front of you.

• IwantburchIwantburch Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Respectfully, if we get Darnell then the Te room is not lesser. It may take him some time to learn playbook, but he will be better than the production we had this year, especially in red zone

• B1GbenB1Gben Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

I get your point and agree with you on personnel. That said, either our players, coaches or a combination of the two underperformed this year ( most likely imo).

some new blood may be just what we need to light up the scoreboard

• LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not ready to concede the East just yet. We have plenty of talent coming back, especially on the defensive side of the ball and have been stacking talent for the last few classes. The talent is still better than anyone else and our schedule hopefully doesn’t have 5 teams coming off of a bye week again.

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think having a narrative of lowered expectations next year will help program as whole any way. Come in pre season low top 10 or top 15 and really be that team and overacheive will be better than being top 3 or 5 with Fromm and not really be that good, imo.

• cf_ugamancf_ugaman Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm thinking we are ranked 5-6

This discussion has been closed.