Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Sedrick Van Pran: Elite OL commit breaks down his recruiting process

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageSedrick Van Pran: Elite OL commit breaks down his recruiting process

Sedrick Van Pran-Granger is still committed to Georgia, but he chose not to sign during the early period. What does that say, if anything, about the strength of that verbal pledge to play for the Bulldogs in Athens?

Read the full story here

Comments

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looking forward to seeing you in the Red&Black Young man..GoDAWGS!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds decisive yet not quite there. These kids always seem to leave an option on the table. He is an elite center and he knows it. Maybe Jalen Kimber can keep him committed to the G! We'll know soon.

• UgahikeUgahike Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior

when he said cohoots I’m sold.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like what I'm reading about this kid. He's thoughtful. What he says about economic opportunities in Atlanta is spot-on. And he would be in prime position for those were he to attend UGA. Plus, in terms of opportunity, UGA is better than all of the others in that regard, too. Florida may be slightly better academically, but UGA is close and we have the better football program -- plus Atlanta. Alabama will always be Alabama, but our academics are much better and -- a Dawg will always find a home in Atlanta. Arizona State? Can't compare to UGA. Texas A&M? Not going to offer him the same opportunities that he would get by coming to Athens. That's why his buddy (and my neighbor), Kimber, isn't there. He said it best himself, "if it was all about football, it would probably be Alabama or LSU. But I think past football." That's good. Just keep thinking that way all the way to Athens, son. Go Dawgs!

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Interesting tidbit lurking in here: “I think if it was solely [his decision] football it would probably be Alabama or LSU, but I think past football,” he said. “It is not all about football.”

It's great that UGA has the "other" going for it. But it also points out where UGA is with its football program, not yet at the Alabama / LSU level (as has been proved on the field). So, from a football perspective, there's a ways to go.

Hope that starts in the SUGAR BOWL...... first game of 2020.