Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: Relaxed Georgia QB Jake Fromm explains importance of playing in bowl

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: Relaxed Georgia QB Jake Fromm explains importance of playing in bowl

Georgia QB Jake Fromm says it's special to spend time with his teammates at the Sugar Bowl, and he wouldn't skip a bowl game regardless of draft status

Read the full story here

Comments

• Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fromm will never play pro football

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can we hire LSU offensive staff?

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Better yet, can we bring in their Biletnikoff winner and their three other SEC quality receivers!

• jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 120 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's the second time I've seen you reference a "failed substance test". But I've seen no corroboration. Have I missed something or is this just shoddy journalism?

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The love Jake has for his team and the university is the reason I believe he will return and we will be in the playoff hunt again in 2020!

• msj917msj917 Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Jake Thank you for what you give for your team and the University and the right perspective. You look at the glass half full and you will be blessed for it!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If there ever was a cheerleader for UGA it is Jake Fromm. This man speaks from the heart. He truly loves GA the University and its football team. He may very well return his senior year. I believe this is good. I also equally believe Carson Beck will play heavily in the QB mix next season. This is a necessity. I hope he is a fast learner and conditions to college football early. 2019 has been the year of the QB in college football. This will not change in 2020. GO DAWGS!!!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CKS breathing a sigh of relief that Justin Fields didn't pull off the come from behind victory last night. Saved him a ton of questions he didn't have an answer for. Kid proved who everyone thought he was coming out of high school. CKS said he didn't see anything special about him or something to that affect. Poor judge of talent if that is true. He came to Ohio State and other QB's fled to other schools. Obviously some recognized a superior talent. 40 TD's and 1 interception,. If he isn't a superior talent, then lets hire their OC.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah reddawg1, the same Ohio State that let Joe Burrow go.

• DawgSonOfGamecockDawgSonOfGamecock Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

Which is one reason why I was rooting for Ohio State- to watch Kirby squirm, duck, and dodge all those questions about Fields. That, and in the hope they'd prevent Clemson from being one win away from creating my own personal (and I would think most every other Georgia football fan's) sports apocalypse. Now I have no choice but to root for those darn Bayou Tigers to prevent that.

• UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior

Fields is a talent ! We should of kept him here at UGA !

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Let the Fields crap go. Uga wanted but he wanted to leave.

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I say again, if the UGA coaching staff hadn't pulled back we would have at least one more NC and quite possibly a second. Jake Fromm could easily have been the starting QB on back-to-back NC teams had our coaches done their jobs for an ENTIRE game, games in which Fromm excelled. How anyone can possibly think a highly paid coach would just as soon let his team lose than let the better player play is just plain **** (you do realize he gets bonuses for wins). I saw fields in the games and he was terrible. He was selfish with the ball, made bad decisions and was not a leader.

In other words, he played exactly like a freshman that needed to learn how to play college ball.

After a year of watching, maybe he picked something up from Fromm and UGA that helped him succeed at ohio state. Yes, he definitely had the talent but not the experience. But then again, he lied to get away from UGA where he would have been guaranteed to start for 2 years (if he stayed that long) and would likely have had a good bit of playing time this year. I was glad ohio state got beat and loved that he threw more interceptions in that game than he had all year. Why you people keep wishing for him to "return" is beyond me. Yes, I would have preferred he hadn't left but he did and I say good riddance. You bad mouth the players that opt out of the bowl game but sing fields' praises when he quit the program and the University.

I hated when Eason got hurt and was not happy when he didn't come back as starter when he was well but I don't for a second believe Smart chose one over the other for any reason other than Eason couldn't beat him in practice. Not that Eason wasn't good enough, just that Fromm was winning. The same reason fields couldn't beat supplant him.

I fully lay Fromm's problems this year at the coaches' feet.

• RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Receved draft grades, but not telling, I wonder why?

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

People get a grip! As a UGA fan, I pull for whoever is playing and whoever is coaching. Support the team we have or pick another team. If you can't support who UGA puts on the field, we're much better off without you! Just my opinion(s).

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with those worrying about losing Fields. Please note that his last plays of the seasons at UGa (botched fake punt against Bama) and Ohio State (interception) likely cost both teams a shot at the National Championships. Sugarcoat it anyway you want, but those are facts.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I meant in my post below that I “disagree” not “agree”. Fields is a great talent, but was poison in our locker room just like Jeremy Pruitt was during Richt’s last year. Fromm is a “leader” and has proven it this year more than ever. Go Dawgs!!!