Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart has Georgia dialed in: 'Time to get better and go grow'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited December 2019 in Article commenting

imageKirby Smart has Georgia dialed in: 'Time to get better and go grow'

Georgia football has championship expectations, but Kirby Smart hasn't let that dampen the enthusiasm his team for playing in the Sugar Bowl

Read the full story here

Comments

• GBALGBAL Posts: 739 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Just stay in the Hunt... every year. One play away from the playoffs this year. Keep it up CKS.

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Been saying that all along, Dawg365...the attrition is massive. Baylor just missed making the playoffs.....barely. UGA, not even close. But the opponents were vastly disparate as you know. I am in a conundrum over this game. UGA seems to have the verve this time but playing Baylor seniors is another thing. I haven't heard of any roster changes for them. Their former NFL coach is awesome! He is ready for UGA! So, barring a miracle of sorts........ GO DAWGS!!!

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

I understand not wanting to focus on players missing but how many of the undisclosed are underclassmen returning? If they didn't have grades that's one thing but if they failed substance tests then we start off the new year with suspended players.

• TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Time to get better on the offense, Kirby.

• Dawgs2015Dawgs2015 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

We already have bad offense coordinator. with a new quarter back next year we will really fall back. I hate to say it but might be better if fromm returned

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

..."just barely missed playoffs...UGA not even close"? Did you watch what LSU did to Oklahoma, a team that beat Baylor twice?

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mike, Really sick of your lack of professionalism. You continue to insinuate over and over again academic issues and failed drug tests, then list "undisclosed" after so many of these guys's names, thus painting them all with a broad brush. Oh, and how about you proofread your work once in awhile, so-called "writer"?

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So you've chewed and vomited the exact same tired, old information every day for a week now. We get it, some players are out for the game. Are you really that bad at your job? Looks like it. Now go burn your list of missing players and write something of value.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

zonadawg61...Yes actually he is that bad. The worst part is I can’t decide who is worse, Mike Griffith or Connor Riley. Dang I miss Furman Bisher. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey JimmyBob not looking for a problem here, Bud. I watched that game and almost included it in my comment. But I made my point without using it! SC beat UGA....right? Then went on to lose something like 8 games. If you read what I said, I mentioned the opponents were vastly different! LSU vs UGA and OK vs Baylor!!! Don't create a problem where there is not one! I am a UGA grad and love the Dawgs...just having a problem, with this game and the number of top no-shows. GO DAWGS!!!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

‘Time to get better and go grow’ That says it all!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Time to get better and go grow." That says it all! The players that are committed to the team regardless of experience or class standing need to be the ones playing in this game and preparing for a championship run in 2020!

Kirby knows the possible consequences of leaving players at home that have eligibility left in this age of the portal. Signing top three classes on an annual basis makes UGA scholarships far too valuable to waste them on players who are not 100% committed to the team!

With all the academic assistance available to players, there is no excuse for being academically ineligible other than lack of commitment to the classroom which is also a lack of commitment to the team. Failed drug test? Absolutely lack of commitment to the team!

Kirby is hell bent on building a national championship program. That takes commitment! If players are only interested in being Dawgs and are not committed to being Dawgs by doing everything possible to "...get better and go grow." including classwork and not doing drugs, then the portal is waiting and so are blue chip prospects that want that scholarship! Go Kirby! Go DAWGS!

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Disappointment is a annual thing if you are a Bulldog fan with high expectations for another Natty. I'm simply tired of seeing flashbacks to a 1980 Championship 40 years ago that we continue to hang our hopes on.

Sure, it's BEYOND time to get better and grow.

Kirby is going into his 5th season with record recruiting classes - in fact, possibly the best recruiting run over the last 3 years in recent memory. We have no excuses.

We open next season with Virginia and then 2 weeks later we play Alabama in Tuscaloosa. If we lose either one of those games then I am officially DONE with CKS. His time to seriously turn this program into a 1st tier team will be finished. It will be time to move on.

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 620 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ShoottheHooch. I don’t necessarily always agree with some of the things you say. Maybe it’s more the way you say them. But, I’ll have to admit I’m all in on what you have written here. Well put! Go Dawgs!

• MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If you can't live with the disappointment of a game then you shouldn't allow yourself to get excited when the success presents itself. We had a terrible year, 11-2. Didn't come close to meeting our expectations. Winning is a dynamic formula, for whatever reasons the chemistry wasn't there offensively. We never found our groove, maybe this group of players just didn't fit, we never got in sync this year. I believe the issues had as much to do with personnel grouping as it did with coaching.

Who knows what next year will bring, we will start to get an idea tomorrow night. I'm excited about the future of this program, looking forward to seeing some hungry kids have fun. Sure the program needs some tweaks, no need to tear out the foundation, the house isn't falling.

If you are one of those constantly griping you need to go look in the mirror, chances are you are more a part of the problem with your disappointment than you realize.

On another note, I might be wrong but I would bet the journalists of today "write" these articles using voice recognition and don't spend a ton of time proof reading what they've spoken. Anyone who has used voice recognition has to realize how easy it is to have grammatical errors. I doubt they really care what we think, so long as they make their points.

Anyone having eligibility left and missing this game for positive substance testing or academic ineligibility just let their teammates, fans, their school as well as themselves down. I would hope and imagine that Kirby will address those issues quickly and with consequence. If you don't take pride in what you're doing you don't need to be doing it. Everyone should be afforded a mistake but they have to learn from it.

Hooch, what you said below is about as good as it can be said, "well done"!