Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Cutting the cord

124»

Comments

• MackDawgMackDawg Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

redneval is definitely with lavender in argentina rn.

He checked in July one mo time before finally skipping town. I'll have my NSA source check to confirm.

• razorachillesrazorachilles Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like it. Have had it about 2 years...replaced a 720 one I had when I first built the mancave10 years ago or so. I also didn't want to break the bank on a 4K projector given that there wasn't a ton of 4K broadcasts at the time. Picture is excellent and the image is bright, even with the lights on/shades open.

• dradcliffdradcliff Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am switching our tv service over to Youtubetv. What do you guys and gals recommend for internet service in the Atlanta Metro. Also how do you keep you internet cost down. I dont mind the introductory rate but on Comcast and ATT it goes up a lot after the 1st year. Does anyone have a problem with going over the 1TB data limit. I have 3 children that spend watch videos on their ipads more than the TV so that is 3 ipads and possibly 2 tvs going at the same time.

• DataDawgDataDawg Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

I have YouTubeTV with ATT fiber (1 TB) in the Smyrna area and it’s been pretty solid. I got ATT to continue to honor my intro rate and plan to do the same YoY as they don’t want to lose customers. Never come close to 1 TB but I’m pretty certain it’s unlimited for the service I have.

• flemingislanddawgflemingislanddawg Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oops, thought this was a thread on moving out of Mom's basement.

• MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like @DataDawg i have fiber as well but it’s from Comcast. AT&T is running lines for fiber and I’ll be switching as soon as it’s in. My wife and I both work from home and we have gone over 1 TB and Comcast charges an extra $50 for unlimited per month and AT&T doesn’t. I’d see if you can get them to honor their first year rate as well when the time comes as they don’t like losing customers.

• corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man I just wish I could get someone else other than Comcast that offers high speed, but EPB out of Chattanooga stops one street before my house. They off 1 GB speed fiber. I have a no contract deal with Comcast with the hopes that EPB extends their range one day.

I have the same type of contract with Comcast and am counting the days for AT&T to be available. Comcast can match the cost or I’m out. Hopefully you get another option soon

• haroldhuffharoldhuff Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman
    edited January 2020

I use Youtube TV and have a 300MB ATT fiber circuit for Internet. I pay $40 for Internet and $58.99 for Youtube TV with Starz. I was using PSVUE before they cancelled it. I haven't had a problem with the Internet buffering with this setup with two kids constantly watching videos on iPads with two TV's streaming using Apple TV's.

• KekinKekin Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

I pay $97/month for Xfinity and $50 for YouTube tv. My family is constantly streaming and we've never gone over 400GB. The only things I don't like about YouTube is sometimes it takes a few seconds to change the channel and it doesn't have the NFL channel.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

same situation: youtube tv and AT&T fiber

I had PS Vue, and miss the ability to watch 2-3 games at once, but overall youtube tv is better

• PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We just dropped Dish. Another price increase with fewer channels ($125). They dropped Fox sports which carried most of the Braves games. If you’re going to raise prices, you’re going to at least have to give me the same or better product - BYE! We’ve gone to YouTube TV ($49) with our local telephone coop for internet service ($70). Our picture is actually much better - we thought it was our TV. Only one of our TV’s is a smart TV, so we’re either going to buy a Firestick or upgrade to another smart TV.

Big fan of the fire stick especially the 4K one. Also have an Apple TV 4K and I like that as well and it’s what my wife prefers (but she’s an apple fangirl so take her opinion with a grain of salt)

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Switched to YouTube TV in December. Just got tired of paying what the cable company was charging. Last straw was another increase and their unwillingness to reduce it. Ironically, now the cable company is offering me their new customer rates which they weren’t willing to do prior to me cutting the cord

I have a couple of FireSticks and a Roku stick. Don’t necessarily like one more than the other, but the FireStick does allow you to side load some things you can’t on Roku (Kodi in particular).

So far, I don’t regret cutting the cord.