Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Report: Georgia offensive lineman Cade Mays enters NCAA transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,463 admin
edited January 2020 in Article commenting

imageReport: Georgia offensive lineman Cade Mays enters NCAA transfer portal

ATHENS — Georgia sophomore offensive lineman Cade May has entered the NCAA transfer portal, according to AL.com. Mays, a former 5-star recruit and Freshman All-American, is from Knoxville, Tenn., and was once committed to the Vols’ program and has a younger brother (Cooper) who plays there. Mays started 11 games for

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    UGADAWG4LifeUGADAWG4Life Posts: 273 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

huh?....what's up with this? kind of out of the blue from what I can tell....not a good look for Luke and the OL!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah something isn't clicking all of a sudden. Something big is going on with the offensive side of the ball. Lose 3 lineman to draft, one who may not be drafted. Now another to, more than likely, Tennessee. Fromm is leaving, can't blame him now. We ain't gonna have an o-line by Friday. Are we completely changing our offense behind the scenes? "Rebuild" year here we come. 8-5 season on the horizon.

• Options
    DawggolferDawggolfer Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can't figure this one out unless it' s to go to TN with his brother, or go to Arkansas with Pittman.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was he waiting on Jake's decision?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not good news, best of luck Mr. Mays, even if you end up wearing that awful Halloween pumpkin orange uniform 🤢 GoDAWGS!

• Options
    DawggolferDawggolfer Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hope Pittman is not poaching.

• Options

Doesn't like LUKE?

Wants to be with Sam?

Wants to play with his brother?

Wants to play tackle and they told him he's a guard?

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here it goes.....they are bailing on UGA. I thought of all of the Dawgs, Cade would remain loyal...now anything is possible...what made Cade jump? Fromm leaving? Things are just beginning to go south on the Dawgs!!! Lots of newbies, yes, but newbies. That's college football. I am more than certain now that the CFP is just a dream...a one loss is also. Kind of sick at heart. These new kids will have to step up early. Fromm leaving iced it.

• Options

Calling Mr. Jones and Mr. Mims!

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It'll be interesting to see if we get a grad transfer QB -- perhaps coaches are looking to change the scheme somewhat? Even in that case, it seems like Mays would still fit the scheme. I'm really curious to see where he lands.

Of course, he could dip a toe in the portal waters and then stay at UGA... maybe.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is 100% indicative of Kirbys lack of focus on the offensive side of the ball and poor hire after poor hire since Cheney/Pittman. He finds everything he needs and keeps all his studs on defense but can’t get the job done on offense. He’s got to get him and offensive mind and take his thumbprint completely off the offense or we can kiss these elite recruits and 12 win seasons with championship aspirations goodbye. Thanks Kirby, dare you to prove me wrong.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This one is puzzling? Mays would be inline as a full time starter next season. Why transfer and likely have to sit out next season?

Luke did a masterful job in short order getting the makeshift O-line in game winning form for the Sugar-bowl. I can't imagine he would be Mays problem...

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't know, I watched Mays get beat repeatedly against Baylor and he never impressed me. Same for the rest of our vaunted "great wall". The fact is, we came into half our games knowing what the other team's defense was going to do and we still couldn't block. Coaching? Yes, but also player ability.

I hate losing so many, and losing Fromm hurts a LOT, but I'm not as bothered by our O-Line rebuild. They were overrated all year and never showed me they were deserving of praise.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This is baffling since Mayes was certain to be a starter and likely get all the playing time his body would have allowed in 2020. Nothing against Mayes or any named player but it often feels like people no longer have loyalty or a love of anything but themselves. I wish the trend were for getting wisdom from God and not society. The world says to only be concerned about yourself. I hope some of these kids realize the grass isn't always greener and if you work hard as a team player-you will be rewarded.

Where are the stalwarts, the Chubbs and Michels when you need them to lead the next class. Fromm will one day regret not coming back for his Senior year, I guarantee it!

I'm off my soapbox. Sometimes the view is better up there!

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

I didn't see that coming, but when you think about it, it does make some sense. I was starting to think that Cade was all he was cracked up to be. He was exposed a couple of times against Baylor on national TV.

On further reflection, a lot of our offensive problems this year started on the offensive line. As big as they were, they were never able to generate a push off the ball and open holes for the running game. They were pretty good in pass protection just because they were so dang big and hard to get around.

The good news is that we have a lot of 4* and 5* recruits, up and down the lineup, to fall back on. If Clemson can win a Natty with a freshman QB, why can't we?

• Options

If we get the Wake Forrest QB , I hope they bring his receivers with him. They make him look good.

• Options
    WizardofWordsWizardofWords Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

I saw the Mathis kid in the spring game and he is impressive. Beck is on campus and can be a good understudy and QB in waiting. Don't count out the Dawgs yet. Our defense will be as good as it gets and will keep us competitive and in every game until the offense matures. Hey, it can't get any worse than Fromm's last four games before the Sugar Bowl. Let's face it, Baylor was an overrated #7.

• Options

I have my answer(I think) for why Jake's not returning. It's called a whole new offensive line and a group of new receivers.