Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• NomadDawgNomadDawg Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Not sure if you read Fromm's letter, but it sounds like the Lord actually taketh (tooketh?).

/s

"...I can assure you that this decision was not based on anything other than what I strongly believe is God's will for my life."

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 799 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@SoFL_Dawg are you aware of anything that happened during Fromm's meeting with Kirby? A few days ago it seemed that you indicated Fromm would be returning for his senior year (unless I just misinterpreted that post). Fromm was set to announce, had a meeting with Kirby and then delayed his announcement. On the outside looking in that makes it seem like something might have caused a change.

This assumes of course that Fromm had every intention of returning for his senior season. For all I know, he had every intention of leaving and Kirby gave him something to think about that caused Fromm to maybe consider coming back.

Just curious if you are aware of anything in regard to the delay and if there was a change of heart after the meeting?

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I disagree here. You’ve probably been conditioned to take this news in stride because as a coach you have to. But there isn’t any way of getting around the fact that is having probable starters transfer, and anyone who can leave early leave early is a problem. This will handicap us on offense as long as it continues.

Youre right in that we are still going to be a top 8 team next year regardless based on our talent. But if we want to become a truly top tier team, we Need guys to decide to stick around here more than they have been recently.

We don’t need to over react, but to act like this is run of the mill stuff seems naive to me.

• dgdawgdgdawg Posts: 242 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think it's not the worst thing in the world and kind of expected. With the offensive revamp that is going to occur, the coaches are going to re-access everyone (players) anyways to see if/where they fit the new direction the best. Former starters/2 deep may not be there come spring. As you stated, I wouldn't be surprised if there were more specifically on that side of the ball. @texdawg Assuming we go with a grad transfer for JF's replacement, who do you like? I personally like the kid from WF the more I watch his tape.

• ReesesFastbreakReesesFastbreak Posts: 176 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Care to explain what this other “bombshell” is we should prepare for?

• Tahoma2StepTahoma2Step Posts: 252 ✭✭✭ Junior

Are you speculating or do you know something (hearing whispers)?? BTW, agree 100% with your post

• Dawg53Dawg53 Posts: 232 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Once again Burrow, Hurts, Fields got beat out by outstanding QBs. None of this year’s transfers are coming from that situation. Murray and Mayfield- you have a point and I will throw in Russell Wilson. So, 3 successful transfer QBs in how many transfer situations. UGA my strike gold. But odds are not in our favor.

My post did come off as me calling the QBs garbage which was not my intent. Not saying they are garbage as players but not QBs with super successful track records.

My point is the thought of “just grab a transfer QB and we are good” is a dumb take. A lot of people assume that Joe Burrow is out there for us to pluck up. It is the same as those who say “we need to bring in a passing game coordinator because it worked for LSU” and really think that will solve all of our issues on offense

So, let’s show your wisdom. Go on record on which transfer you say is on the level of those QBs that you mentioned and we can revisit this next year?

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok. Fair enough. Unlike last year.....I think the players that declared this year are probably making wise decisions. We'll know soon enough.

• MidwestDAWGMidwestDAWG Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Newman was the second highest graded QB on *deep throws* this past year behind...drumroll...Joe Burrow. He can also run reasonably well.

*Edited for clarity. Got busy at work and pushed "enter" before I was done thinking.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,566 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have no idea. Not trying to start anything. Georgia has a loaded roster.....some good players are probably getting passed up.

• Dawg53Dawg53 Posts: 232 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Awesome. Glad to hear that. I had written a response but deleted it because I am going down a negative road due to other fans’ opinions. I don’t want to be negative about a kid I may be routing for next year. Let’s hope whoever we bring in plays well.

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Id probably edit that bombshell portion, but i agree with the rest you are saying

This discussion has been closed.