Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Would love to see @JoelSidneyKelly's artistic representation of "moral preening." I can picture a proud peacock with Jim Bakker's head on it. But JSK could probably do even better.

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So its totally false?

Not one bit of truth to it?

Clay can sue for defamation.

I seriously doubt someone would go through with this lawsuit if they knew it was complete bull.

• Options
    TxnDawgTxnDawg Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not saying it’s true or not cause I don’t know at all but we have seen this many times where people claim things for attention and then once things come down to the final verdict they drop all charges and it later comes out as fake. Could be referring to politics could not🤷🏽‍♂️ But it’s happened on national media I’ll say that

• Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    MackDawgMackDawg Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You serious? You sound sheltered AF. Society is very litigious. Somebody spills a Mickey D's coffee in their lap while driving and they're totes suing Mickey D's.

Clay Webb has NFL prospect written on him as 5*. Do the dayum math. Why would they lie? WHY WOULD THEY EVER LIEE?

• Options
    edited January 2020

This space is intentionally left blank

• Options

You just chose to ignore everything stated in the lawsuit because some anonymous poster says its crap?

• Options
    Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Possible he did it at home or in the bathroom?

you don’t even know half the story to decide Webb should be kicked off.

• Options
    edited January 2020

Guy is doing some presumptive moral preening tonight.

I regret getting in a discussion with him about this because it's late and I realize now we have somewhat similar posting styles...god dammit.

• Options
    USADawgUSADawg Posts: 374 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i agree. Let’s talk about committing to Georgia like the thread title, not committing to a “G”atorade bottle.

• Options
    papadoc19papadoc19 Posts: 567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We just released the No. 1 RB prospect from his LOI and a lot of people have been passing judgement on his character based on innuendo (no charges filed or anyone publicly alleging there was even a single physical altercation) and moral preening about whether he should be allowed deign our program and the character of programs and coaches that would take him. Whether you believe the claim or not, there has actually been some legal action...a civil lawsuit has been filed...it has a number on the court docket. I hope the same energy you are bringing in defense of Mr. Webb was there for Mr. Evans because between the two there is more of a paper trail with the allegations against Mr. Webb.

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

Current status on scholarships:

As you can see the 85 is not going to be an issue with 5 spots still available after including 21 current signers/commits for 2020. I still expect 2/3 more entering the portal or declaring for the draft. Therefore the issue becomes the Initials (25). With 2 used for 2019 (Cager and Wolf) the maximum open is 2 (3 if Zirkel is a PWO for 2020 and not on scholarship until Jan 2021, 1 if he is 2020 and Evans also counts). Some have called for a Grad Transfer QB to join for the spring. If that happens that QB will be charged as a 2020 initial also unless they also pay their own way until August (at least) in which case they could be charged to 2021.

Unless Mathis is deemed unable to play I would not be in favor of a GT QB as I am generally against GT at any position as that in the long run weakens our depth by using a 1 and done and takes away a potential 4 year recruit. At QB maybe I am suffering from PTSD still over Lambert or just not sold on all the successes quoted from the pro GTQB mentioned thus far. Burrow is an exception to rule while most of the others mentioned were actually only good enough to win the Big 12 (big deal). We seem to be dismissing Beck and Mathis as not being able to take us all the way and prefer an average ACC or G5 QB without ever seeing the principal 2 we have throw a football.

My stance would be to go with what we have and add 1-3 recruits to the 2020 class and leave the 2021 "25" intact.

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree, though I think it might be a little rocky in the short term. For his shortcomings, Fromm still was a junior, and knew what to do on and off the field. With the exception of Bennett, no QB currently on the roster is in that position. Still, this gives Kirby the chance to make the needed changes to the offense, and I think there’s at least the potential to get over the proverbial hump.

I don’t have a problem with the transfers. I just wish there wasn’t this Jerry Springer garbage attached to the Mays thing.

This discussion has been closed.