Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Hoop Dawgs

Comments

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is a hard team to figure out, but if they dont develop some consistency, we probably wont make the dance. If we do, we will be so far back, that we wont be able to see the band. I know we have a lot of youth and talent, but we look like a great team one game and get run off the floor the next. I hope they get it straightened out.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

With all due respect to Amanze, he’s not a fit here. Georgia can’t run uptempo with him. He got worn out in Crean’s system, leading to lack of effort on defense. Amanze is a good player, just won’t work in Tom Crean’s system.

• SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ngumezi is in the portal. He was suspended for violating team policies. Was a good player but has a history of not being a team guy.

100%. I've wracked my brain trying to find a common denominator in these trash losses but can't. Did notice that Wheeler started the other night & he usually comes off the bench...don't think that's it. It's like they didn't even get off the bus. Not counting the Michigan St & Kentucky losses, they were in those games but these inexplicable 20-point losses are baffling. To your point, they better work it out soon cuz the schedule ain't getting any easier.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, he’s headed to JSU. Glad for him. He’s just not going to work in Crean’s style.

Marty Smith needs to stick to nascar

Feel like I’m watching the titanic.

Is Anthony really ready for the NBA?? How patient are pro teams these days? I honestly don’t know. Would his stock go down by staying another year? Seems like it’d go up..

• TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This season could get away from us, if we dont get it together soon.

There's no quit in this team & I'm certainly not abandoning them but the bottom line is this is just a small team. They were getting swatted away like flies in the paint.

• MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Put up a fight at UK -- schedule gets a lot easier from here on out...

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree with @MikeGriffith about the schedule turning around. I can’t remember this tough of an out-of-conference schedule and then in the the teeth of the SEC. Anyway, we are missing Claxton for sure. We needed a true center.

I don't say "must win" often.

But....this is a must win.

Cumon Dawgs!!

• Olddawg83Olddawg83 Posts: 207 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Great crowd tonight. Dawgs flat in 1st half. Need to pick it up.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020
  • SupraSupra Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

What the Dawgs do to my nerves

edited January 2020

I’m the biggest homer ever but the refs ain’t the problem

...unless we're playing bammer

• DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is not a tournament team.

Too many defensive lapses.

Too many turnovers.

Too lax.

They don't play hungry.

• nawdawgnawdawg Posts: 165 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2020

Crean is not coaching very well at this point. We look terrible. You must win these games.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

You know what's funny? Georgia actually has the coach of who SEC fans think of in Kirby Smart, with recruiting and not much coaching. It's just not Kirby Smart and not in football. It's Tom Crean.

This is a thoroughly, thoroughly horrendous loss here. Ole Miss is an absolutely horrible team and they're not really having a hard time. This is another very strong indictment against Crean and it's happening very quickly too, not in a longer time period.

I've talked smack consistently, but now I'll make another call. This season is over. There's not going to be any "these kids are about to fight so hard to overcome this". This could very, very easily be a 2-16 basketball team again, and it's arguably with more talent than last year. I couldn't give two rips about it being a young team. It's not mattered in plenty of other cases in this sport.

Crean's seat is going to be roaring hot next year. For a team that's struggling, facing a poorly coached Tom Crean team is a good way to get well.