Home Basketball
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Hoop Dawgs

Comments

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's not even the average kind of team we've rolled out. Its a carbon copy of last year's garbage at this point.

Used

Car

Salesman

Fox needed to go, but as it turns out, Georgia completely whiffed on the hire after him too.

• SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I were Edwards, I'd honestly peace out right now.

It's already obvious that this just ain't gonna work at any time soon at UGA.

Peace out and get ready for the draft or peace out and transfer to a blue blood so he can actually get good coaching and development.

Because Crean is complete and total garbage.

There isn't any getting around it.

• 70dawg70dawg Posts: 273 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This team

1 Crean is working hard

2 they're young, but most all CBB teams are young

3 they can't drive to the basket, then they don't shoot great from the perimeter

4 our beloved Ant-man doesn't seem to have the killer instinct. If he is truly the 1/2 pick in the draft, then I must say, that's a weak draft. He has all the tools, but seems to settle for easy outside shots. Even those, he's not hitting at a high %...

5 I love Ant-man, but also love the Hawks, and on their trajectory, I'm thinking Wiseman or ughhh L Ball not so much Ant-man.....

Am I overthinking?

edited January 2020

On the 5th point, LaMelo Ball didn't really do that good in Australia outside of his passing and Wiseman is pretty flawed too, it just didn't get revealed. That's why the Hawks season is so depressing right now to me. Worse team than last year and the draft is pretty bad.

I'll continue to harp on the youth thing too. It shouldn't matter. I don't want Fox back, ever, but just for example...what kind of record do you think Georgia has with Rick Barnes instead of Mr. Used Car Salesman?

Because this team's talent level does not spell out likely to be the 12th-14th team in the SEC again with quite potentially a 2-16 record.

This conference isn't even that good this year. It's a very meh conference compared to what it has been in recent years.

edited January 2020

I won't even argue with you about Crean yet, it's too early or I'm too patient, take your pick.

But did you really just inject Kirby into that same argument, especially after the developments over the last month??

With all due respect that's pure insanity & I now question your loyalty to Georgia over Crean's competency

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bad loss. Not a good team right now at all. But this doesn’t even come close to comparing to football. Only a troll would say that.

edited January 2020

I'm not saying Kirby is bad in that phrase, I'm joking about how Georgia has the basketball version of what SEC fans think of when they make fun of Kirby. When they say that all Kirby can do is recruit, but he can't coach worth a lick.

That was my way of saying that Georgia actually has a "recruiter head coach". It's just not Kirby or on the football side, who does some coaching things really well. It's Tom Crean. Crean is continuing to do nothing but prove he is a completely and totally worthless at doing any coaching and he's highly likely to me to do the impressively bad thing of be 3 seasons and OUT at a football school because of how much he stinks.

In fact. I'm done. Tonight's posts on Crean by me will likely be the last of it on here until the season is over. I'm not sure I'm even going to watch 1 minute of their play anymore. The taste in my mouth was horrible from Mississippi State, and it just got worse tonight. I know I've proven my point, and I'm not alone here on this opinion. There are a lot of Georgia fans turning against Crean very quickly, and if I'm right, and this team does finish 12th-14th in the SEC, he will lost all of his favor, his seat will be roaring hot, and honestly, he'll likely get fired next year. I see no reason to not predict that.

It wasn't a troll, it was more me making a fun on how non-Georgia fans in the SEC like to say Kirby Smart is a recruiter only when they make fun of Georgia and Kirby. That's my way of saying that Tom Crean is the coach that's only a recruiter.

• imissmunsonimissmunson Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

I understood what you meant. All I hear from Florida fans in my area is how Kirby is a great recruiter, but not a good coach. It gets OLD.

The eternal victim. You just proved my point....again. The only time you seem to show up to really show out is to dump a giant pile of steaming dooky on UGA.

Bye Felicia

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hopefully you were able to point out that Kirby is a winner and made it to the Sec championship game 3 years in a row and lost to the eventual champion 2 of those 3 years. Basketball and Crean can’t say anything close to that. We are looking like a perennial bottom dweller. And it looks more and more like this will be a wasted year with the number 1 or 2 player in the country.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bad loss - everyone is correct. It is a bad loss though because we know our team that Crean recruited is better than this. They are inconsistent, and that’s to be expected. However, there’s no excusing this loss. They didn’t seem ready to play, and no one is more disappointed than me.

edited January 2020

I actually mean it here. I'm likely going to actively avoid any more Georgia games in basketball this year. The taste in my mouth is too bad. I doubt I get proven wrong here either. I'll come back in this thread to eat crow if this team were to finish higher than 12th or wave my "I told you so's" when the season ends.

This is my last post on this subject in here until then.

Peace out.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I made this assertion before, then felt bad about it. But this thread has emboldened me once again. @GeorgiaGirl is neither a Georgia fan nor a girl. I've read all the posts. It's impossible, on both counts.

edited January 2020