Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Coach Smart

BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
edited January 2020 in General

If coach Smart is still head coach at Georgia 10 more years. Personally I hope longer, will his teams win 100 games before they lose 40.

Coach Smart 135 votes

Yes
96%
DawgsauceBamaDawgamjadawgsStef_Lew_478devildawgdirtypantsJoelSidneyKellyBullyDawgRobbiejohow2fishmattmd2WayxGaDawgArchDawg90BiffLowmanTdub0199Racin_JasonbrohampDiablo_and_DocBigDawgBrinkrocco4UGA 130 votes
No
0%
SinclairGirl 1 vote
Want be coaching at Georgia
2%
nickcreighton5Dawg94RxDawgHotChubbTimeMachine 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    Yes

Sorry for some of my spelling. I’m still on some pain meds.

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020
    Yes

100-39 is 71.94%

or 99-40 is 71.22%

44-12 is 78.57%

my guess is we only get better in the next 10 years and lose 20 games max in the 2020’s

130-14 (90.28%) would be my guess as to how the next 10 years will go.

might be a potential for a 16 game season if the playoff expands.

more aggressive scheduling.

i still think we average 13 wins a season over the next 10 years.

2 perfect seasons in the 2020’s for UGA

• Options
    TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yes

Does a bear sh!t in the woods?

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

The question does not involve possible outcomes. He won’t keep his job for 10 years averaging four losses a year. Mark Richt lost 51 games in 15 years.

• Options
    QvoxQvox Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yes

Nick Saban has been at Alabama since 2008 and has a record of 152-23, so yeah I think Smart at Georgia can do it.

• Options
    Yes

While I think Kirby Smart's record will be better than Mark Richt, what killed Richt was the teams he consistently loss to. Not his overall losing record.

Richt's overall record was very respectable. But after 2007 CMR was ranked #40 vs top 15 teams. Ultimately that's what got him fired.

• Options
    TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yes

I hope he is. What impresses me about Coach, is that he is never satisfied with where we are, and takes steps to address our shortcomings. Go Dawgs, Kirby for like.

• Options
    truepingtrueping Posts: 360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yes

HBTFSmart!!!

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2020

I’m not sure I see your point. The proposed losses in the OP’s scenario would differ from Richt’s how? It wasn’t which programs he couldn’t beat. It was about not winning when it mattered most. I was really just saying the OP’s question is not a tealistic scenario because Smart would almost certainly be fired before reaching 40 losses over a 10 year period.

Mark Richt only gets fired with his record at about 10-15 schools nationally. The Big 6 of the SEC plus maybe A&M, OSU, Mich, USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Miami, FSU. Pretty much everywhere else is letting him retire when he is ready while contemplating a statue.

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Yes

Brother I feel you...I was out of college before Hershel showed up !

• Options
    Yes

Just saw the 247 finale rankings and we have a great chance to have the #1 class. To me that and continued improvement on the field makes me think we could do the same for 2021. I heard we had a couple of big linemen pick Ga as walk on players or blues or gray shirts? I really don’t understand all that stuff. Maybe one of you can explain it to me and I’m sure others would like to know also.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
  • Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Yes

My bad, I can't count, or read either. I typed into Google: Nick Saban record at alabama

But Saban came to Alabama in 2007, not 2008. My bad.

• Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok, so around 12.5 a year, makes sense. It's just the way my mind works, I frequently pick up on statistical anomalies (fudges) in medical journal articles that somehow get by the reviewers/editors.