Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

The Sky Is Falling

BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read this board religiously. I have since February. It is a great place for info on our team. However, this past week has been crazy with all the talk on here. Shoulda had Eason in, we are terrible, we wont beat Kentucky this week...or Tech, etc. Dang people, calm down. This is not a sprint...it's a marathon. Did any of you think that we would be here sitting at 9-1, with a real good chance to go 11-1? We are ahead of schedule on where we were supposed to be. Have faith in CKS and the staff. I have been a DAWG fan since 1978 when I was 7 and we moved to Georgia. We have things going in the right direction, which is something that could not be said in previous years.

Please calm down.

Comments

• OldSaltyDawgFanOldSaltyDawgFan Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior

Preach it Brother!!

GO GAWGS!!!! B)

• TARDAWGTARDAWG Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Other than the Eason question ( which I think is fair) I think the chatter this week has been fair. I have not seen the “we are terrible” crowd” or anyone saying we will lose to Kentucky. Most agreed we got man handled, but I also think most realize we took the very best punch Auburn could ever throw ( at home) and yet had a few bad calls and bad plays on our end. Give me Auburn in the SECC because no way they play like that again, get those (missed) calls, and have us drop passes everywhere. Give me Mama because they look very beatable! Go Dawgs! and keep the dream alive!!

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We already clinched, they were hungrier, on the road, couple mistakes.. snowball effect. People really think we will lose to Kentucky?

• thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If you think the sky is falling on this board, Please don’t check out the 247 board.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only thing I'd really hope to improve on this year, and going into 2018 is more aggressive play calling, and trying to get our play makers the ball in open space more. Other than that we are a very good team and it's a great time to be a DAWG with recruiting, and on field performance. We just can't get "outphysicaled" like @ AU. Took a full season nearly for someone to match our physicality. Time to get back to whipping your guy in front of ya again.

• oldon42oldon42 Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MacDawg15 said:
    The only thing I'd really hope to improve on this year, and going into 2018 is more aggressive play calling, and trying to get our play makers the ball in open space more. Other than that we are a very good team and it's a great time to be a DAWG with recruiting, and on field performance. We just can't get "outphysicaled" like @ AU. Took a full season nearly for someone to match our physicality. Time to get back to whipping your guy in front of ya again.

I think the play calling next year will take care of itself with a Sophomore or Junior QB continued improve line play and improved pass receivers. Who does not think Eason or Fromm will be better next year than they are today. Who does not think Kendall Baker, Lamont Gaillard, Solomon Kindley and Andrew Thomas will improve by having played together this year. I am not talking about any of the non starters only improved play with experience.

• AlanAlan Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

My first year as a Dawg fan was 1995. I remember catching a glimpse of some of the players' faces at the end of the Auburn game, and they looked like they were ready for the season to be over. Yeah, we've come a ways since then.

@Acrum21 said:
    We already clinched, they were hungrier, on the road, couple mistakes.. snowball effect. People really think we will lose to Kentucky?

Haven't seen anyone say that, but I did see someone who claims we will lose to everyone but Kentucky. Kind of hard to miss since he repeated himself nine or ten times.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Every loss is the end of the world. I don't even check the forums for a couple of days after a loss. 9-1 with KY and GT left? I'll take that.

• HunkerDown10HunkerDown10 Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe I'm misreading the tea leaves, but anybody else get the feeling that Jamaree Salyer is trending heavily towards Clemson? I've noticed a lot of pro-Clemson tweets and likes on his profile lately, and he seems to want to carve out his own niche outside of Andrew's shadow. What do ya'll think?

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HunkerDown10 said:
    Maybe I'm misreading the tea leaves, but anybody else get the feeling that Jamaree Salyer is trending heavily towards Clemson? I've noticed a lot of pro-Clemson tweets and likes on his profile lately, and he seems to want to carve out his own niche outside of Andrew's shadow. What do ya'll think?

I think we what we have here is a.... TROLL!

IMO Salyer is all DAWG. MUST have for this class to be complete in my mind.

FWIW, I think we get Mays and lose Jam to Dabo. I also see us closing with Tyreke Johnson.

• Hot__DawgHot__Dawg Posts: 133 ✭✭✭ Junior

@HunkerDown10 said:

First Fields. Now Salyer. Next is Zeus, right?

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@HunkerDown10 said:

Be specific. Link the "pro-Clemson" tweets. Like this:

We (Dawnation) know where Salyer is going.

@HunkerDown10 said:
    FWIW, I think we get Mays and lose Jam to Dabo. I also see us closing with Tyreke Johnson.

Hope and pray we add Mays to this class, but I don't see any way Salyer isn't a DAWG around Dec 15th. But see no way Johnson's in this class now.

Be specific. Link the "pro-Clemson" tweets. Like this:

We (Dawnation) know where Salyer is going.

I don't know how to link Tweets, but Trey Hill posted the same picture, and he is going to Auburn. As the thread title says, the sky is not falling guys. We're still bringing in some solid linemen!

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Salyer and Mays both have said they want to play together. Mays CB is now to UGA by a wide margin as well as Salyers.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2017