Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

"Bama Born, Bama bred......

ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

means i'll be stooopid 'til i'm dead...."

"A man in Mobile shot another man on Monday after they were allegedly arguing over which of the two in-state rivals was superior. From Al.com:

Mobile police responded to a call concerning a person who was shot at a motel on East I-65 Service Road South at 7:53 p.m. The victim told authorities he was arguing with another man when the shooter asked him which football team is better. The shooter became angry, pulled out a firearm and shot the victim in the thigh before fleeing the scene, police said."

Comments

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol could ya ever see us like this with the nerds lmao. I know you don't need to be a Rhodes Scholar candidate to get into either Bama or Awebarn but jeez..

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is not the first time.
    About ten years ago two neighbors in Elmore County (north of Montgomery) got into a fight about the AU/UA game across a chain link fence. One pulled out a gun and shot the other. It was April.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@MacDawg15 said:
    Lol could ya ever see us like this with the nerds lmao. I know you don't need to be a Rhodes Scholar candidate to get into either Bama or Awebarn but jeez..

My version of the Nerds:

"APD was called to an altercation outside The Varsity. It appears that there was an argument in the parking lot. There was a heated exchange when one subject exclaimed who was the "better team". The other subject proceeded to attack victim with I-pad hitting said victim multiple times. Subject then pulled out an I phone and threatened victim by "beaming him up". After throwing calculator at victim, subject was last seen running towards Techwood yelling "To H E L L with Georgia..."

Incident is under investigation.....

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@12ed said:
    Darwin award finalists in their natural habitat. Alabama.

'Bama Red

Auburn Blue

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

My version of the Nerds:

"APD was called to an altercation outside The Varsity. It appears that there was an argument in the parking lot. There was a heated exchange when one subject exclaimed who was the "better team". The other subject proceeded to attack victim with I-pad hitting said victim multiple times. Subject then pulled out an I phone and threatened victim by "beaming him up". After throwing calculator at victim, subject was last seen running towards Techwood yelling "To H E L L with Georgia..."

Incident is under investigation.....

It's not fair. The GT fan will assuredly get off by pleading insanity.

Here's another:

In 2013 Adrian Briskey, Bama fan, shot and killed Michelle Shepherd, another Bama fan, for not being upset enough about getting beat by Auburn.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/12/02/deadly-shooting-over-alabama-loss-to-auburn/3819905/

...and another:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/news/story?id=1626939

...and, in 2008, these two decided to tell Michael Williams of Owassa, AL that Alabama just got lucky to beat LSU in overtime. Dennis brought a pistol, just in case things got out of hand, but Michael had a shotgun.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OP didn’t say it was a Bama fan or an Auburn fan who was the shooter. I bet it was the Bama fan.

Note in Joel’s stories, both of them were the Bama fan.

And a Bama fan killed a historic tree out of spite.

Tide fans are an embarrassment to college football.

I wonder how many will jump off buildings when ole Nicky retires.

• UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@MacDawg15 said:

And they wonder why the rest of the country laughs at them.

I'll bet if Saban stepped in dog sh1t, called a press conference, and said he was going to retire unless he could get 1,000 Alabama fans to show up at his office and lick it off his shoe, 10,000 would show up with toothbrushes and Listerine to take care of it.

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UnderDog68 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

I'll bet if Saban stepped in dog sh1t, called a press conference, and said he was going to retire unless he could get 1,000 Alabama fans to show up at his office and lick it off his shoe, 10,000 would show up with toothbrushes and Listerine to take care of it.

Not sure they'd bring toothbrushes or Listerine.

@UnderDog68 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Seriously, 100,000 is a conservative estimate.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Living in Alabama, I would have to agree with this.....

@BamaDawg said:

@JoelSidneyKelly said:

@UnderDog68 said:

@MacDawg15 said:

Living in Alabama, I would have to agree with this.....

Where are you, @BamaDawg , if you don't mind me asking?
    I'm in Pike Road, 40 miles from Jordan-Hare, 220 miles from Sanford.