Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Covid-19

Comments

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven't said anything about government trying to control anyone. I'm saying the media is hyping it way too much and creating panic by pushing worst case scenarios...just like they do with every other story. Every storm in the Atlantic is a "potential Cat 5 hurricane"...

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah that worst case scenario was based on conservative predictions. It is unlikely that everyone would contract the disease at the exact same time. What could happen is a surge of cases over a short period of time. That would overwhelm our healthcare system even if every bed was empty. That's why we need to do everything possible to prevent a surge of cases and delay as much as possible. We can't wait until it is happening to stop it.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seriously? I guess everyone is supposed to quarantine themselves. Based on your theory, that is the only solution.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To be on the level with you, I am nervous. I want this whole thing to be mild in America, and that the disruptions in our lives go away as soon as possible.

I don't want my cruise to Italy canceled, or G-Day, or March Madness. I don't want to hear about this every second of the day anymore. It's healthy to be fearful of global pandemic, I think.

I think it's foolish to push back against scientific consensus when I have no information to prove them wrong. I think it's irresponsible to politicize the loss of life. There's time for that later, and you bet your biscuit that the coronavirus and Trump's handling of it will be beaten to death leading up to the election.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • armeckarmeck Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

I just watched a clip of the woman host on the Fox and Friends show, she said right now is the BEST time to fly because the terminals are not crowded. If we want to talk about media manipulation, let's start with FoxNews doing their darnedest to make sure people keep thinking this is a mild flu that will be over as soon as the weather gets warmer.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Your post said that because none of us are sick, irrational fear is causing all of these changes to daily life, like school closings and cancellations of large gatherings.

I'm saying that perhaps school closing and cancellations of large gatherings are slowing the spread of the virus, and therefore keeping it so that none of us are sick.

Follow?

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

@Kasey Agree completely sir!!! Most all of us are DAWG loving DAWG fans first and foremost, and this covid-19 virus is really a real problem for planet earth for the foreseeable future. Even those miserable swamp lizards in the Fleriduh Gayturs are included in this group of folks that are currently living here on earth.

PS- Remember, please wash all of y'all's hands!

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am no expert at anything, but I am employed full time at the Salk Institute for Biological studies for the last 21 years. I work in the engineering department here, keeping the scientific labs up and running. Our scientists, and staff are taking precautions just like everyone else. The goal as I understand it, is to buy time and increase space and distance, in social settings of work, and commerce in an effort to bring this pandemic under some sort of control. I pray for each and every one of us, and all of our families, and our friends too. I want you all to know that although I do not want to keep on this topic forever, or to live in any kind of real fear? I DO want us collectively to do whatever it takes to get through this thing, and return to dreaming of what GEORGIA is on the brink of becoming under Kirby Smart's vision, hard work, direction, and his leadership. May our Almighty God continue to bless all of y'all.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Apologize for what? Saying I don’t think the illness is as deadly to the general population as is being portrayed? My first post in this thread concerned an ER doctor I know telling me he wasn’t worried about it, that it is just a flu that hits some people more severely. That’s all I’m saying. It is definitely contagious.

Take a look at 63 year Tom Hanks and his 63 year old wife, Rita Wilson. Both are currently sick with coronavirus. They posted this update today. Do they appear to be in dire straits?

• Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sure I follow, how do you know the cases we have came from school or large gatherings? I’ll wash my hands more than I usually do and live my life and if I get sick I’ll stay home until I’m better. None of us make it out of this world alive anyway.

This discussion has been closed.