Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in

Comments

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Losing my mind. Bars and restaurants are being shutdown and made to be an example of dangerous behavior all over the country. Atlanta imposed a 50 person limit just last night, but then the news (Fox5) was out shaming bar owners who were open tonight even though there less than 30 patrons in just about any of them.

Yet Marta remains open, moving (their numbers) 432,900 people every single day. Makes PERFECT sense.

What a futile exercise. This will put millions of people out of business.

@YaleDawg I realize this is inconvenient, but in that Italy to US comparison, how many of Italy’s cases included people who were brought in off their cruise ships and/or evacuated from China?

the majority of our first 500 cases involved the above scenarios.

Tons. Thousands of people. Literally. Soon to be hundreds of thousands. Perhaps millions of people - AND THEY AREN’T EVEN SICK.

What does this mean in regards to the actual mortality rate of the virus, and the incidence of serious illness? Anything?

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Hope you get back to full health soon @CaliforniaDawg. Also, world class triathlete? That's bad.ass. Kudos to you. Much respect. Will definitely serve you well under the circumstances.

• armeckarmeck Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior

Checking in to say we are checking out. My son got his appointment last night to move his stuff out of the dorm. Disappointing end to his Freshman year on campus...

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Keep on keepin' on. Off topic, but you have been able to visit a lot of the surrounding towns and cities? I've always wanted to check out Mainz but never got the chance.

• armeckarmeck Posts: 107 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited March 2020

I've been lecturing my son all night about how he can't go play basketball with his buddies down the street just because they are also home from college. I also have to keep saying to my parents (70+), no we can't come over, no I don't need you to watch the kids, what part of social distancing is hard for these guys to get!? Gen-X 4 life.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, don't lump us millennials in with those Gen Z kids. Back in my day...

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

This is my second posting at Ramstein. I have lived in Germany for a total of 8 years with another 2 to go. I have been to quite a few places over this time. Been to Mainz a couple times. I really enjoyed it. I don't hear people talk about it much but we checked it out on a whim and were quite happy we went. The old town by the river is really nice. The cathedral is amazing and worth visiting. Also stumbled upon the Gutenberg Museum in Mainz. I had no idea it was there and it was really worth the visit. Got to see one of the first bible's ever printed and my kids got to participate in the demonstration on how the press actually worked. They got to print a page and they let them take it home. All and all definitely worth it but I wouldn't spend a week there. Really good day trip as you tour around Germany.

Sorry, Off topic I know, but just answering his question.

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After this pandemic dies down where are some places in NH I can take my wife for a weekend trip?

Hey man. It was a legitimate question. Asking questions is not starting an argument. For it to escalate, HE would have to be the one to take the next step. Is he allowed to post whatever scary statistics he pleases, without being questioned regarding if his numbers are skewed or misrepresentative? C’mon.

This discussion has been closed.