Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Makes me sick...

ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

How low some companies and those that run them will stoop to.

Received this in the mail yesterday. Looks like an "official" notification regarding benefit information for Georgia residents. It comes out at the same time we're in a crisis and the US Government just passed a relief law that will assist most all during this time.

On the face, it looks like something the state is providing also. It's nothing more than an information gathering for and insurance company that is not named. NO NAMES AND NOTHING THAT STATES IT IS A SOLICITATION FOR BUSINESS. Pure BS!!

Despicable to send something like this out during this time.

I'm going to cut out my mailing info and blackout the barcode. Write a note on it as to what I think of this low life **** marketing. They get charged for every piece that comes back to them and I hope they lose every penny they paid for this...plus some!

PS.....Please share with anyone that you may think that this is legitimate. Ie. Parents, Elderly etc....

Comments

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

yeah but it's ok since they said its not affiliated or endorsed by any government agency in small print towards the bottom. /s

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like how they mixed in the census "2020" design with what looks like a tax form label with the "T-2". Going all out this census/tax season.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod
    edited March 2020

Lol! Their lawyer s.ucked wind on that one...."but..but...you said it was OK..." 😉

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We had about a week's reprieve from junk calls, then they fired up with these new scams. I'd love to find some humor in this, but I just can't.

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My husband gets that same mail every week.

• jc30116jc30116 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get the calls and mail all the time. I become Mr. A-Hole to them whenever I can. Most of the phone calls get paid per sale so if I'm on the road with nothing better to do I'll let them go through their sales pitch. When they get to me giving them my credit card details, I'll say something like oh wait, you haven't told me what your company name is, look them up online to find a number and then tell them I'm not interested in anything they have to sell. Some of the callers have went absolutely ballistic because I wasted their time. Oh well, they called me. Then when I hang up I'll make sure to call the company as many times as I can and harrass the hell out of them for bothering me with unwanted calls. As for mail, what @Kasey said. Load that envelope up as heavy as you can.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yesterday, I received an email from a scam claiming to be American Express. Said there was a problem with my account and to “click here” for more information. Deleted it and contacted Amex. They confirmed it was bogus and assured me account was okay. Be very wary of scams like this.

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Here’s an alert from FDIC. As a career banker, it amazes me the depravity of some to scam people at their most vulnerable.

My advice- if the email, call, letter is designed to make you emotional, it’s a scam. If you aren’t sure it’s actually from your bank or credit union, go to their website, or grab your most recent statement and contact them using the information listed there.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't send a nasty letter. Fill it out with fake information that looks real. Make them waste more time.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

I once got a phone call from my credit card company stating there was a problem with my account, yada yada yada, but they could help me fix it. Then the guy says "We just need to verify this is you, can you give me your SS#?"

I said, you called me and you now want to verify it's me? I got kind of rude with him after that. Hung up with him and never heard anything else about my "account problem" after that.

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of the funniest responses I ever heard was for a vacation timeshare company that featured a free weekend trip plus a free small TV as a gift, if you agreed to listen to their sales pitch. Part of the deal included a drive through the property with a sales rep that could take a long time because you were stuck in their car.

My wife’s stepbrother went to one, and before the tour ate a bunch of beans and cabbage. When he got in the salesman’s car, he let fly a steady stream of stinky gas. The sales pitch abruptly ended and he was left alone to enjoy the rest of the free weekend!

• TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep, still waiting for a stranger without any ID to walk in and pay off my mortgage...

• TThisDawggTThisDawgg Posts: 192 ✭✭✭ Junior

I was really expecting to read coronavirus after clicking on the title.

• OdinOdin Posts: 460 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

A lot of that. Had a bogus Chase, BOA, and Amazon scams. I was thankful when I opened the Email my computer security had blocked them already.