Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Facebook ad

dawgnation7dawgnation7 Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It’s back and it’s ruining DawgNation for me. It will take 15-20 times of closing it just to view one post. If I can’t get this fixed I’ll have to quit getting on here, I can’t take it.

Comments

• josh31533josh31533 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Have you tried the app? Navigation was a little frustrating but they have updated it. I know your frustration though.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was doing it Friday for me.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nm... right now... seems to be most prevalent on the weekends.

• jpclayton2jpclayton2 Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

These ads have ruined this page. There has got to be a better fix

• insertusernamehereinsertusernamehere Posts: 854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was driving me nuts too...I’m using safari browser on iPhone. I downloaded Ad-Block plus app/browser and enabled it for safari...haven’t seen one of those awful fb ads since! Hope it helps.

• chattdawgchattdawg Posts: 386 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@josh31533 said:
    Have you tried the app? Navigation was a little frustrating but they have updated it. I know your frustration though.

On my phone the app redirects you to the website. So it doesn’t help at all. Didn’t used to be that way.

• dawghousedawghouse Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

These ads are the reason why I've cut way back on my visits to this site over the past few weeks. #ridiculous.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I turned to the Norton Ad Block app.

Free and Simple and it works.

Others have had luck with other apps as well.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I tried the ad block...still didn’t work for me. It was fixed for a couple weeks but now it’s back to being awful

• thehutch40thehutch40 Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I can only get on here through my laptop. On mobile, its facebook spam central.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey said:
    I tried the ad block...still didn’t work for me. It was fixed for a couple weeks but now it’s back to being awful

I can only speak of Norton mentioned a few posts above.

Once downloaded, you need to delete website history and data or the android equivalent of the iphone.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

@Reeldawg said:

@Kasey said:

I can only speak of Norton mentioned a few posts above.

Once downloaded, you need to delete website history and data or the android equivalent of the iphone.

Yeah I had done all that and after about a day they came back

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Android phone - Never had this problem.

• greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Same here. I can’t be on this site now because it constantly pops up. It’s only on the DawgNation site. Too bad, because I really enjoy being here, but something is infected with DN server.

• DawgVaderDawgVader Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

@dawgnation7 said:
    It’s back and it’s ruining DawgNation for me. It will take 15-20 times of closing it just to view one post. If I can’t get this fixed I’ll have to quit getting on here, I can’t take it.

It's just the Russians trying to influence you... B)

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s killing my phone . I want to read post but can’t . I’ve stayed away for a few weeks now but the konsterbunder the bed is back and I’m past agrivated.

• bobbypiperbobbypiper Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Google pixel and use Google browser and have never seen an ad.

• dawfanfromalabamdawfanfromalabam Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ad Block Plus seems to be working on my iPhone.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree ad blockers are the way to go, but Dawgnation needs to fix/terminate their 3rd party ad vendor who serves these ads, or realize their site has been hacked/has a virus. Either way, a competent web team should be able to fix this. It’s getting old, and ridiculous it’s still going on. It’s happening to me now, but if I close out and come back 15 tries later I can read one post/page. This is my first post since before the Kentucky game because of this spam ad, and it took forever just to get to this point just to make this one comment.

• josh31533josh31533 Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe the mods have listened to the feedback? Personally I haven’t had one add pop up in past couple of days. I’m using an iPhone without any type of pop up blocker other than in settings.