Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Covid-19 Goes to College

Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited June 2020 in General

Did y'all see this? If the story is pay blocked, WSJ is reporting that cases are popping up on campuses as athletes return. This likely reflects the general spread of the virus and not an on-campus outbreak.

So is everyone safer now? The schools have had time to plan rather than play catch up with an escalating health emergency.

Note Alabama is placed as the lead example 🙄

As College Teams Return, So Does the Coronavirus https://www.wsj.com/articles/as-college-teams-return-so-does-the-coronavirus-11591358400

Comments

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2020

No politics here. I'm just hoping we can soon get back to Saturday afternoons with great ballgames and cold beer. Frankly, I wonder if covid following students to campus encourages policy that's the opposite of what most would expect: it's likely better to have 20-year-olds hanging out together in Athens and not going home to old Aunt Gertrude in Ludowici.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2020

I don't think we should be surprised when we hear about college aged kids testing positive for COVID-19. They probably haven't been staying home even when we've had orders to do so anyway. Best that they're on campus and more closely monitored than at home and possibly visiting elderly relatives.

What would be more interesting would be hearing about how the players that are testing positive are feeling (which likely won't happen, but it's still interesting). My guess would be a vast majority are asymptomatic or having mild symptoms.

That said, we still have some steps to go with college football, but I've been feeling better for a while about having some kind of a season, what's unknown for me right now is the amount of fans that are allowed, if any. We're just likely to see a higher number of players having to sit out for 2 weeks.

• Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I took off for college in a yellow VW bug. Man I miss that car! (With no virus bugs that I knew of!)