Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

State of Mississippi Flag

123457»

Comments

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You see a bully. I see someone willing to fight back to the real bullies that have been getting away with emotionally charge hysterics for way to long. People just aren't used to someone actually standing up and fighting back, so they immediately think "how dare he!, bully!" And I believe, that's exactly why he got elected. Finally someone willing to fight back to the dirty cheaters winning elections with hate and jealousy all while portraying themselves as public saviors instead of public servants.

And no, I wasn't ok when they called Bush Hitler either. I think it's a fine example of how the media treats one side of the isle. Democrats "defend", while Republicans "attack". It wouldn't matter who was in the WH, if it's a Republican the media is going to call him Hitler.

It would of been nice if the election of Trump caused the left to self reflect. Sadly, they've doubled down. To the point of screaming in peoples faces, mass violence and property destruction. Their spoiled and entitled and arrogant. I've pretty much written them off as a reasonable political option. And that isn't a good thing. We need the Yin and Yang.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,649 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This! Democrats, instead of trying to be competitive by proposing good ideas, has simply thrown a nationwide temper tantrum of name calling and threats. Shameful.

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2020

"Republicans do this, this, and this, and say this, this, and this, and believe this, this, and this..."

Not all of them.

"Democrats do this, this, and this, and say this, this, and this, and believe this, this, and this..."

Not all of them.

We can't paint others who disagree with us on certain things with one broad strok.e. That's why we are in this mess to begin with.

• UGA_2019UGA_2019 Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe the reason they haven’t “proposed any good ideas” is because there are over 250 bills that have been passed by the House that haven’t been brought to a vote in the Senate. Unprecedented. If you don’t like a bill, vote on it so your constituents can see exactly where you stand instead of obstructing. The R’s in the Senate have gotten used to hiding behind McConnell when they could easily replace him with someone willing to do their job.

Here are just a few of the bills that I’m talking about that have passed the House with bipartisan support that McConnell and co. are too scared to bring to a vote:

S.2238/H.R.2722, Securing America’s Federal Elections Act, to help safeguard elections from foreign interference

S.2242, Foreign Influence Reporting in Elections Act, to require presidential candidates to report contact from foreign state actors to the FBI.

S.1356, Honest Ads Act, to apply the existing rules on disclosures in political ads on TV to those on social media platforms.

H.R.986, Protecting Americans with Preexisting Conditions Act, would revoke guidance issued by the Trump Administration in October 2018 that encourages states to approve health plans that do not cover preexisting conditions.

H.R.987, Strengthening Health Care and Lowering Prescription Drug Costs Act, to address the rising cost of prescription drugs by increasing the availability of generic drugs

H.R.397, Rehabilitation for Multiemployer Pensions Act, to protect workers’ and retirees’ pensions

H.R.1585, Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act, to reauthorize the Violence Against Women Act of 1994

H.R.777, Debbie Smith Act, to help end the backlog of untested rape kits

H.R.1994, SECURE Act, to help workers save for retirement

H.R.1146, Arctic Cultural and Coastal Plain Protection Act, to block oil and gas drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge

Cane, I admire you insistence of riding the middle on this. I used to do the same. But sitting back, watching how both sides act... I just can't sit idle anymore. One of them needs to be knocked down a notch or two because I'm truly afraid of the path their driving us down. And over the years of my life, we have subtlety slid more and more that way. It never swings the other way. It just keeps inching in one direction.

• ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,205 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We can't have those nice things. Those are only for first world countries.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

You mean like Mitch the Turtle and John Boehner who refused to do anything during Obama’s last term? Like that?

heres the thing...I don’t care if you voted for Trump. I don’t care why. That’s how democracy works so you don’t really get to complain about the results afterwards. Just don’t pretend like the red tie is better than the blue tie. And please don’t pretend like the swamp is drained when Trump basically did a cannonball right into it.

you prefer Trump, which is your right. You don’t get to pretend like he’s a saint either, nor is he above criticism. He’s a bully and always has been. Watch the game show he used to host if you don’t believe me.

he’s just like everything he never said he’d be...a politician. He’s in the club now

Oh, you actually wanted me to show you? Well a quick search will bring plenty up. Just the first video.

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

Getting pretty close to putting a lid on this one.......

That’s not really a great example of your claims (1/3), and honestly the question they’re discussing is a fair one given the comments he’s made in the past. Not exactly a baseless accusation. Seems like you’re blowing it up to be bigger than it actually is. I’ve seen another news organization make much more baseless claims from 08-16.

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited June 2020

Speaking truth about the corruption, dishonesty, and underhanded nature of our federal government, on both sides of the aisle is not any attempt to try to "ride both sides."

I have (mostly) conservative political beliefs that have an old-school states rights lean. My social beliefs are very conservative, and I am actively evangelical. But I love to engage other sides of the spectrum in conversation (including an opposite-view sibling who went to law school on the west coast).

I can say - unequivocally - that I will be COMPLETELY unrepresented in November.

So, I have the right to be a tad bitter about this.

This discussion has been closed.