Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Hey Y'all. Governor Kemp says to start wearing a mask in public or............

ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No College Football. I've been wearing one for months. What say you?

Comments

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod

I would not wear one just because he is making me...

• dgdawgdgdawg Posts: 242 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We have had to wear masks since April at work so won't really effect me at all.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • UGA21UGA21 Posts: 54 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's true that scientists are looking into people having immunity that were negative for antibodies. It makes sense with how well the northeast is doing after the terrible peak they had. With that being said, if the rest of the US catches up to the death rate in NY (160/100,000) it would lead to 528,000 deaths nationwide. Be careful what you wish for.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ready for 2021

edited July 2020

Gosh, paw. If someone like you with an unbiased and edumacated opinion could just ‘splain it for me.

• Godawgs2019Godawgs2019 Posts: 95 ✭✭✭ Junior

Does anyone have any connections to people in the know as to whether there will be a season at all this year? Seeming less likely by the day

Interesting that Covid hit at the end of Australia’s Summer. A country of 25 million only experienced 103 deaths to date. It’s now Winter in Brazil and deaths are soaring. The sun is a beautiful thing.

Matching the rate of NY seems highly unlikely. We won’t come anywhere near to those numbers again. Population density like NY’s isn’t replicated anywhere else. The virus is not only weakening, it is also running out of nursing homes to raid.

NYC experienced a very high rate of infection during the lockdown and even Cuomo questioned his decision to keep people confined, Plus he ordered nursing homes to accept infected covid patients, resulting in an enormous and unnecessary loss of life.

It is also pretty interesting that various locales around the World locked down at different times, and not necessarily relative to the arrival of the virus. Some acted quickly. Some delayed their response. What was consistent was the corresponding spike in deaths in each locale resulted right after the people were told to stop their active lifestyles and forced to stay indoors, rather than get out in the sunshine.

Vitamin D is essential for a healthy immune system. Your body produces it by being out in the sun’s rays. The sun is also a great sanitizer. NOW is when we need to see people out and about instead of shutting them up again until the cloudy days of Fall and Winter. If you keep everyone out of the sun all Summer then we are going to be more likely to see the second wave take a more serious toll, simply because staying inside has cumulatively unhealthy effects on the body.

This is along the same lines as the research starting to show that a sedentary lifestyle is worse than smoking, diabetes, or heart disease. “Sitting is the new smoking.”

• otis1105otis1105 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve been to Brazil in their winter months... it’s def not Cold weather that is helping the spread..

edited July 2020

It's more like the our Spring, right? Same as we had when things started.

• lmiked7lmiked7 Posts: 144 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Unless there's a vaccination in the next 60 days then there won't be a normal season, if any at all. Just off the top of my head:

1. What happens when 20 players on a team are infected right before a big game?
    2. How long will a player who had the virus have to wait to come back after testing negative?
    3. Who is going to be in charge of testing all these players? You can't just have schools police themselves.
    4. Do players that have come in contact with a player who's tested positive have to self-quarantine? For how long? How do you enforce that? How do you even practice without risking that you're exposing your entire team?

Without accepting the fact that players will get sick and infect other players, I just don't see how it's going to happen short of a vaccine. But one thing is for certain; Athletic Directors and conference officials are getting paid a lot of money to try and figure that out and they're a lot smarter than I am.

• otis1105otis1105 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don’t remember exactly I’m thinking like 85 during the day and cools off at night. So more like our current weather. If humidity helped the spread that would make hella sense in Brazil.