Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

COVID-19 Check-in 2.0

Comments

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

High confidence they are accurate.

No, the risk for over reporting the numbers is much higher than any financial gain that could be had. If anything they would want to under report to get things back to normal as this pandemic has placed an incredible strain on hospital finances. We saw this with those California doctors who intentionally misrepresented data to try to muster public support for opening the state because their urgent care facilities were suffering financially.

Any oddity in reporting is being highly scrutinized. There was some quirk about death reporting in Arizona that turned out to be nothing, and the 100% positive testing centers in Florida have been treated as a huge scandal even though the actual data shows very little change in the overall percent positive rating for the state. It also seems to be incompetence from the Florida department of health rather than some nefarious motive.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,169 mod
    edited July 2020

1,025 new cases today here in Mississippi. 3rd highest day yet. 18 deaths statewide. Going to decide in about a week if they are going to play High School football. Highly doubt it as a majority of the teachers in my area do not want to return to school

The Mississippi High School Activities Association announced Tuesday that is delaying the start of the football season for two weeks due to concerns surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go public and have the media and fickle mob attack them like they have every other medical professional that dares to go against the narrative? Fat chance. You can live in and perpetuate fear all you’d like, but the rest of us will continue to keep this country from financially collapsing.

• BumBum Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey YaleDawg here’s some google data for you to trust in! China wins!

The only doctors who went against "the narrative" purposefully misrepresented data to get public support for reopening the state of California because their urgent care facilities were struggling. Can you point to any other doctor that has come forward with evidence to show this is nothing more than a hoax or being blown out of proportion? How is this effort to fake the spread of COVID-19 and the deaths being carried out? What group is running it? Do you understand just how difficult it would be to coordinate a global effort to fake the severity of a pandemic while simultaneously covering up any evidence that it is being faked? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

What does this have to do with COVID-19 in America? If anything, this backs up my claim that a country would want to hide the real numbers while reporting lower numbers. Inflating the numbers doesn't make sense for anyone.

Seriously dude? Google is an American GIANT of a company reporting numbers from China knowing full well they are false. It is yet another example of American media reporting false data related to Covid. My argument is ALL data is inaccurate, which this bogus graph affirms, yet again. I can’t believe I have to explain that

Google reporting the numbers provided by the Chinese government means all numbers are fake regardless of their source? I don't understand this logic. Do you believe the CCP controls all numbers for all countries? If you search "did china fake covid numbers" the first page of google brings up articles discussing how the numbers coming out of china are fake which makes me believe google isn't carrying water for the CCP.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't get me wrong......I am not suggesting that this isn't a pandemic or isn't a very contagious virus. Obviously it is.

Hospitals are hurting......they are getting compensated for covid cases or covid deaths.

Is that true or not?

It doesn't take a conspiracy or organized effort to tag deaths as covid deaths if a patient tested positive for covid......but obviously died from another cause. Sometimes it happens even if patient didn't test positive (but we can ignore that can of worms)

I realize a lot of people are testing positive. I realize some people get really sick from it. But if the deaths are exaggerated..... which it seems clearly they may be......then that is a problem .

Not saying its a national conspiracy.....or one party trying to steal an election......

Just hospitals trying to find a way to make it when business in other areas ain't so good

The financial incentives would come from deflating the numbers not inflating them.

YaleDawg...I had already discussed American data inaccuracies and why I think that is so.....so I decided to take my talents global. I threw in a soft jab I probably shouldn’t have regarding China, (which took all of five seconds for an LOL moment courtesy of Google.) But I’m glad to hear you agree those numbers are BS.

So back to American data....My point is months of evidence supporting inaccuracies in America...yet you have high confidence in the numbers? That is the logic I don’t understand. Here are a few more examples I didn’t feel like typing out earlier...

My father told me today about two friends of his who had parents die in hospice care recently. Both marked down as COVID deaths and again, neither got tested. The families and caretakers weren’t required to be tested or quarantine either...

Another guy I know went to get tested, filled out the paperwork, decided the wait was too long, and he left. Two weeks later he got a letter in the mail stating he was COVID positive. Needless to say, he was outraged.

These are not all “one off” examples as you cited, but a consistent directive from health authorities with financial incentive for COVID deaths and COVID positives.

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Possible China’s low numbers are a result of their population having a high exposure Sars-1, leading to mostly mild responses and no need to test?

Why is it that the tiniest irregularity in data reporting gets heavily scrutinized but these blatant examples that are seemingly occurring to thousands of people are not?

I agree with this. Likely number of clinics not reporting properly is quite small. Number of tests probably won’t move the needle. I had initially hoed for a huge scandal, but it just doesn’t seem plausible to be a widespread thing. If it is, then the only explanation would be improper directive on the state level.

edited July 2020
  • Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hey, man...

A BUNCH of people in China had it.

Those cats are EVIL. They can go door to door, take your temp, and drag you out, never to be seen from again..

They have ZERO accountability. They view their 2 billion citizens as assets. They will bury a couple hundred thousand folks to save face, and not tell anyone.

Again, the VAST MAJORITY I those 2 billion people have no idea what happened in 1988...

They are the example of what a government can do when there is no free media to report.

This discussion has been closed.