Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: In-state DT prospect Marlin Dean backs off his pledge to UGA

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited July 2020 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: In-state DT prospect Marlin Dean backs off his pledge to UGA

Marlin Dean is no longer committed to Georgia. What does that mean for the 2021 recruiting class? Who will the Bulldogs look for now at the DT position?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish Dean good luck no matter where he ends up.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

DT is the one position we have rarely ever recruited on an elite level. Look at BAMA and Clemson's roster...loaded with 5 Stars. We have done a very good job with the DTs we have had so it is not a matter of coaching, for whatever reason, possibly lack of first-round showings, we have missed on this one position too many times.

We are RBU & LBU, looking like QBU. If I were a DT, I'd love the opportunity to play on the defensive line at UGA because our stellar LBs will make the DTs look that much better and vice versa.

God bless Mr. Dean & the Dean family.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
  • Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Travon Walker 5 star DT 247 top 10 overall. .2019

Jalen Carter 5 star DT 247 top 10 overall ..2020

Nolan Smith 5 star Edge 247 #1 overall composite..2019

Yes, Smith rotates to OLB edge for us but basically d-line recruiting in the industry of recruiting, so try to dig up something else to complain about all you trolls, naysayers and choosers to be down in the dumpster negative-type mentality!

• Options
    OldDevilDAWGOldDevilDAWG Posts: 188 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good on him for wanting to find the best place for him. I wish him all the luck in the world.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I liked Dean, and though he was a good get.

• Options

Trevon Walker is a DEFENSIVE END! Nolan Smith is a 235lb LINEBACKER! Jalen Carter, yes, is an elite DT. The words rarely and never are not synonyms. Put that shade on a Florida Fan, not on this true Dawg & do your homework before you make yourself look foolish again!

• Options

Nolan Smith has his hand on the ground as OLB-de hybrid in our system much of the time. Travon Walker plays virtually every position on the line!!!! Do Your Homework!

• Options

And watch the games for a change!

• Options

Just saying this is no longer a narrative that works. Was not calling you out but tired of the narrative being pushed by our competitors.

• Options

I never said you were not a fan and understand disappointment in missing on some guys over the past few years but am trying to point out that things are looking up, not down.

• Options

I do see your point in Carter being the only "DT" and technically being why we still have a ways to go, and agree with the point. Hopefully, you also see the point that we are making strides in the right direction. Sorry for the tone that was made. It was not directed to you but the sky is falling narrative about our defensive line recruiting. Please forgive me if it felt differently as that wasn't the intent.

• Options
    bhdawgbhdawg Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Prolly looking for PT , 3 star not much PT at UGA

• Options

Do you understand the difference between a Defensive Tackle and a Linebacker or even a Defensive End? Are you for real? RomeDawg, have you ever even played football?

• Options

For the record. I believe this is a championship caliber team and defense. I will NEVER believe the sky is falling under Kirby. I am just saying the one position that we have not regularly recruited 5-Stars is defensive tackle (which is different from even defensive end).

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best of luck to you young man. Kirby is getting ready for his classic deck shuffle! Go Dawgs, bring in the 5 stars!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks for letting UGA know, Marlin. The best to you. Let's round up some 4 and 5 stars now.

• Options

RomeDawg, sorry for being so harsh in my reply. Much love to all my fellow Dawgs.

Last word from me on the subject. The recruiting systems fairly frequently get it wrong on these teenagers.