Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

How can a true fan not know this

BeckyBecky Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

First off I am a “Dye” hard Auburn fan riding on the Gus bus. I’ve been a fan thru the good and ba. I love rivalry games as long as it stays on a friendly level. My sister in law happens to call herself a Georgia fan. Which is pretty awesome this year considering we get to play you guys twice. But last night we were talking about the game from a couple of weeks ago and the championship game coming up. She looked at me and said “we hardly ever play Auburn”. I was in complete shock. I was like “huh” did she really just say that. I told her we play every year. Every fan of Georgia and Auburn knows this and knows this is “the deep south’s oldest rival”. We were rivals before Alabama was our rival. How could she not know this? Sorry for the rant but I just had to call her out on this. I’m still shaking my head and dumbfounded.

Comments

• PolynikesPolynikes Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Do you live in Savannah?

• BeckyBecky Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Yea, I moved here a few months ago

I know an extremely loyal Auburn family whose matriarch is a Becky. I'm from Savannah.

Oh, I’m a loyal fan but that’s not me. I haven’t lived here long. And besides me my family are faithful Bama fans. My sister in law is a Georgia fan.

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Becky said:
    Yea, I moved here a few months ago

How many times in those months have you heard someone say, "Do you know who I am?" With an element of disdain in their voice?

• OldSaltyDawgFanOldSaltyDawgFan Posts: 220 ✭✭✭ Junior

@Becky said:
    First off I am a “Dye” hard Auburn fan riding on the Gus bus. I’ve been a fan thru the good and ba. I love rivalry games as long as it stays on a friendly level. My sister in law happens to call herself a Georgia fan. Which is pretty awesome this year considering we get to play you guys twice. But last night we were talking about the game from a couple of weeks ago and the championship game coming up. She looked at me and said “we hardly ever play Auburn”. I was in complete shock. I was like “huh” did she really just say that. I told her we play every year. Every fan of Georgia and Auburn knows this and knows this is “the deep south’s oldest rival”. We were rivals before Alabama was our rival. How could she not know this? Sorry for the rant but I just had to call her out on this. I’m still shaking my head and dumbfounded.

ok

@Becky said:
    Oh, I’m a loyal fan but that’s not me. I haven’t lived here long. And besides me my family are faithful Bama fans. My sister in law is a Georgia fan.

I'm confused but not as confused as you are! ;)

• rg34rg34 Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Maybe she got confused and forgot you are the lone aubie in a bama family.

Or maybe she's just a UGA fan for the more flattering colors..."cuz, like seriously, I CANNOT wear orange...emphatic hair flip..."

@OldSaltyDawgFan said:

@Becky said:
    First off I am a “Dye” hard Auburn fan riding on the Gus bus. I’ve been a fan thru the good and ba. I love rivalry games as long as it stays on a friendly level. My sister in law happens to call herself a Georgia fan. Which is pretty awesome this year considering we get to play you guys twice. But last night we were talking about the game from a couple of weeks ago and the championship game coming up. She looked at me and said “we hardly ever play Auburn”. I was in complete shock. I was like “huh” did she really just say that. I told her we play every year. Every fan of Georgia and Auburn knows this and knows this is “the deep south’s oldest rival”. We were rivals before Alabama was our rival. How could she not know this? Sorry for t

You are just so wrong

edited November 2017

@rg34 said:

Or maybe she's just a UGA fan for the more flattering colors..."cuz, like seriously, I CANNOT wear orange...emphatic hair flip..."

@rg34 said:

You are most likely a “true” Georgia fan. I NEVER buy anything red or crimson. All blue and orange for me. It just blew my mind she didn’t know that Auburn and Georgia are huge rivals.

@rg34 said:

@Becky said:

@OldSaltyDawgFan said:

@Becky said:
    First off I am a “Dye” hard Auburn fan riding on the Gus bus. I’ve been a fan thru the good and ba. I love rivalry games as long as it stays on a friendly level. My sister in law happens to call herself a Georgia fan. Which is pretty awesome this year considering we get to play you guys twice. But last night we were talking about the game from a couple of weeks ago and the championship game coming up. She looked at me and said “we hardly ever play Auburn”. I was in complete shock. I was like “huh” did she really just say that. I told her we play every year. Every fan of Georgia and Auburn knows this and knows this is “the deep south’s oldest rival”. We were rivals before Alabama was our rival. How could she not know this? Sorry for t

You are just so wrong

• KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Every family has their own "Beckies" and "Bobs" who know so so much about x sport and care way more than you or I do.

@KingoftheSouth said:
    Every family has their own "Beckies" and "Bobs" who know so so much about x sport and care way more than you or I do.

I’m not saying I care more. Or I know everything. But I do know that these 2 teams are rivals and that they play each other every year.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Becky said:
    First off I am a “Dye” hard Auburn fan riding on the Gus bus.

@Becky said:

I'm not for sure how confused everyone else is, but I know that I am TOTALLY confused. Are you a ""Dye" hard Auburn fan" or are you and your family "faithful Bama fans"?

I unfortunately live in bama and happen to know first hand that you can't be both.

@BamaDawg said:

@Becky said:
    First off I am a “Dye” hard Auburn fan riding on the Gus bus.

@Becky said:

I'm not for sure how confused everyone else is, but I know that I am TOTALLY confused. Are you a ""Dye" hard Auburn fan" or are you and your family "faithful Bama fans"?

I unfortunately live in bama and happen to know first hand that you can't be both.

I’m an Auburn fan. My family are the bama fans.

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was talking with a Tennessee fan over the summer, a guy in his late 20s. claimed to be a die-hard fan, a lifelong fan, etc. he was born and still lives in Tennessee

he did not realize UGA and Tennessee play each other every year

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ain't some people AMAZING??

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@MacDawg15 said:
    Ain't some people AMAZING??

I bet both are Blonds.....just sayin'.....

• HotDiggetyDawgHotDiggetyDawg Posts: 109 ✭✭✭ Junior

Interesting that three of us on here are in Savannah