Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

A little Dawgnation fun.... a music survey!!!!

Comments

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,570 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That is incredible. Got a kick out of all the people walking by as if nothing was going on

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • TurkDawgTurkDawg Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg @texdawg Check out some of their other youtube videos including Led Zeppelin songs, etc. Pretty amazing talent at such a young age! I'm impressed that they even know about these songs at all!

• allywallyw Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since it’s the off-season I thought I’d revive this thread; if you like blues, jazz and R&B check out T Pain’s new-ish record On Top of the Covers (Live from the Sun Rose). I wish he’d do another show like this in Atl.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 22

T-Pain is awesome! Who knew the guy could actually sing? I mean he is legit. Crazy he became famous for the autotune thing when he has pipes like this.

T Pain War Pigs (youtube.com)

T Pain - Tennessee Whiskey (cover) 2023 (youtube.com)

• BumBum Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I watched this War Pigs cover last week. So awesome. His guitar player can shred.

• dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1. Band that you hate Motley Crue

2. Band you think is overrated  Kansas

3. Band you think is under appreciated  The Redcoat Marching Band

4. Band that you love The Beatles

5. Band that you could listen to over and over again  Little Feat (w/ Lowell George)

6. Band that made you fall in love with music Aretha Franklin (I got my early musical education dropping nickels into the jukebox for the ladies behind the soda fountain counter at the K&B drugstore on Metairie Rd)

7. Band that is your guilty pleasure Stray Cats

8. Band you wish you would have seen live....but it's no longer possible Flatt and Scruggs and the Foggy Mountain Boys

9. Greatest band to see live. The Who (James Brown was pretty great, also)

Thanks for reviving this, it was fun to read, and I missed it the first time.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I spent 20 years in that business You nailed every category (IMO). Only issue is #9. You must have never seen The Band.

• BumBum Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would spend so long trying to answer these questions. Awesome list

• DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 482 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1. Band that you hate...Limp Bizkit

2. Band you think is overrated...Nickleback

3. Band you think is under appreciated...Mother's Finest

4. Band that you love...Grand Funk Railroad

5. Band that you could listen to over and over again...Lynyrd Skynyrd

6. Band that made you fall in love with music...Louis Armstrong

7. Band that is your guilty pleasure...Stabbing Westward/Papa Roach

8. Band you wish you would have seen live.... but it's no longer possible...Led Zeppelin

9. Greatest band to see live...Styx

I like a lot of music classical to current hard rock and all in between all genre's and a little pop. Exceptions No Thrash Metal, some rap very little though. 😎

• DawgwiredDawgwired Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Surprised some of the Athens bands haven’t been mentioned like widespread panic. Also govt mule, allman brothers etc. wp and gm played a lot in late 80s and 90s in Athens

• dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I saw them, but I was so close to Daltrey that I could see a sweat droplet on his nose. The energy they had in the mid 70's was infectious. One of the few tickets I saved, and I still have it.

• philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Was attending night classes at GA State I believe fall 1970. Came out of class about 0830 pm onto street that old municipal auditorium was on, a crowd was milling around on the street. The Who was scheduled for a show but had not yet arrived. Hung around partying with the crowd, about 1030 word spread that they were about to arrive and free admission to all hanging around. They hit the stage around 1130 pm and played at least 2 hours. Definitely one of my most memorable concerts.

• ChopperChopper Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man I love these offseason topics...

1. Band that you hate- Kansas

2. Band you think is overrated-Dave Matthews Band (I don't dislike them but they aren't the Allman Bros)

3. Band you think is under appreciated-Montrose

4. Band that you love- ZZ Top

5. Band that you could listen to over and over again- Johnny Cash

6. Band that made you fall in love with music- Smashing Pumpkins (Siamese Dream hit me at just the right age)

7. Band that is your guilty pleasure- Type O Negative

8. Band you wish you would have seen live....but it's no longer possible- Elvis

9. Greatest band to see live. - Foo Fighters (not a huge fan of their studio stuff/writing but Dave and Taylor were absolutely amazing live and I've done a lot of shows, Segue after segue into random covers, often way off genre & mid-song...for 3 hours...just nuts)

• Shuler82Shuler82 Posts: 62 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 22

original idea......I stole it from a radio show in Dallas.

Two rules: only one band/artist per question and can't use the same band twice.

1. Band that you hate All 90’s Boy Bands

2. Band you think is overrated Taylor Swift

3. Band you think is under appreciated The Band

4. Band that you love Widespread Panic

5. Band that you could listen to over and over again Jerry Garcia/Grateful Dead

6. Band that made you fall in love with music Grateful Dead

7. Band that is your guilty pleasure Waylon Jennings/George/Merle

8. Band you wish you would have seen live....but it's no longer possible a Co-bill Fillmore West late 60’s Grateful Dead/Jefferson Airplane show

yeah I cheated a bit o’well

Give me Jerry & Panic all day everyday.

saw over 200 shows before I slowed my roll

• philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saw Waylon do a show in Wal Mart parking lot in Marietta mid 70's.

edited January 22

Waylon in a Wal-Mart parking lot…now thats epic!! Outside of seeing The Dead or maybe The Who in the 60’s/‘70’s Waylon in the 70’s would be at the top of my list