Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ask a Mod

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Either way, I know we have IT support for the forum. Those guys have popped in from time to time, so please just send it in. I'm sure they can fix it. Thx.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
    edited August 2020
  • Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Kasey. One last request. Tell the DV'er to get off my a.ss.

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone ever had a issue getting to the Forum on your cell phone ? I can access Dawgnation, read the articles etc , but when I try and access the forum after I hit sign in , I get a Something has gone wrong message ?? I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app but its still happening ?

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just recently every time I make a post it shows up on the main page that I have a new unread post to read. Anyone else noticed that their own posts are showing up as unread?

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Questions about members names...I'm on another forum that's pretty big. I've been on it since 2018. I recently decided I didn't like my member name and asked to change it. Their mods got all upset and started posting the rules that names can not be changed, ever. So I created another account with a new name and they almost banned me. I asked if I can't change my name or create a new account, can I delete my current account and start over. They make is sound like I need Congressional approval to do this.

Just for my information, if a DN member wanted to change their forum name would that be a big deal? Could they delete their current account and start over...is that possible? I'm just looking for some ammunition to fire back at the mods of the other forum. Their rules are very draconian.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,038 mod

Pg, for some reason, someone tagged this thread so that new post wouldn't show up, so I didn't see your question until now. Although a few weeks later, the answer is changing your user name on DN requires a whole new account including new or different email. Probably a protocol to keep the scammers and trolls just editing their accounts to keep access or having multiple accounts.

• Options
    OldSchoolPupOldSchoolPup Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2023

good info for everyone. There might be a reason some want a different SN and don't want to be accused of having multiple accounts. At least all of the important people know

• Options
    OldSchoolPupOldSchoolPup Posts: 265 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

can just have DVs don't like deleted. I ignore them but I understand what you're saying