Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Anyone see college players boycotting?

Huntindawg81Huntindawg81 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited August 2020 in General

havent posted in a while but been around, just a messed up offseason and now the NBA boycotting their season, WNBA, MLB cancelling games. Ive seen a few tweets from our players about being mad we, as fans, only want them to play and nit speak. Anyone expecting some sort of protesting for college football? We finally get soorts back and now this? Yes @Kasey i know this will be short lived because of some ahole but its a legitimate talking point i think from the tweets of our players. I will find some and post them in the comments.

Comments

• ftn49ftn49 Posts: 466 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would imagine there will be some of that which is their right, meaning protesting/being socially active not necessarily boycotting. I also think the B10 and Pac12 not playing might temper it a little bit.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The NBA and MLB boycotted games last night because of Jacob Blake being shot while attempting to resist arrest and get back into his vehicle. Jacob Blake has an arrest warrant for raping a 14 year old a very long rap sheet of domestic abuse and child endangerment. HE RAPED A 14 YEAR OLD. Call me an “a-hole” all you want, but a child rapist is currently being deified and I have a major problem with that.

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How is this off topic? A thread was created about boycotting games and I gave an example of games being boycotted because of the shooting of a child rapist. If our student athletes are speaking out about boycotting due to this, I have a major problem with it.

• Huntindawg81Huntindawg81 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Im calling you an ahole for bringing uo the reasoning. I understand the issue, BELIEVE ME. but all i specifically wanted to talk about was whethrr or not football players will do the same without the thread being shutdown. Thats why youre an ahole.

• Huntindawg81Huntindawg81 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We get it, we do. But im just asking if anyone has seen evidence of it. We all know the facts, we all have our opinions, but thats not what this post is about.

This discussion has been closed.