Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Favor: If you’re going to watch the NFL...

GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

...and you’re familiar with the “Squares” game that everyone plays in office pools and parties during the Super Bowl, I’d like to ask a favor.

I’m working with a longtime friend who has developed “Super Squares.” It’s the live, mobile tv game you play when the game you’re watching takes a break.

It’s based on the paper grid we all know, so to play, you get your numbers, you watch the game and pull for your numbers! In Super Squares, when the game takes a break, you answer questions about the action in the game itself and the ads you see in the app. You earn points for every correct answer, can compete with friends or everyone across the country. At the end of the game, prizes - real and significant - are awarded to the player who whose attention allowed them to earn the most points. There’s even a “Buddy” system where you can invite a friend - and if they play and win, you get the same prize.

There’s a lot more to Super Squares, but I don’t want to say much more. That’s because part of my job is to gather reactions, learn what’s working, what’s not, gauge the experience and see where we need to improve - and we know we need to improve.

So, if you’re interested and would be willing to give me your honest feedback about Super Squares, I’d be in your debt.

To get the Super Squares app, simply go to getsupersquares.com on your mobile device and you’ll be pointed to the relevant download. Register, read the how to play and FAQS, then check in before the start of the game you are going to watch. Our first game is tomorrow night’s contest between Houston and Kansas City.

If you have questions, feel free to post them in this thread or drop me a DM. I’ll respond as quickly and as thoroughly as I can. 

And if this was too much of a shameless plug, Mods, I apologize, close the thread if I went against the rules.

Thanks and Go Dawgs!

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Based on past experience I imagine this thread will get shut down, but good luck with the business Grady!

• PhineasGagePhineasGage Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sweet. I can avoid watching the TV commercials by watching ads on my phone.

• GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks @AnotherDawg

True, @PhineasGage , but the difference is you get rewarded for your attention here.

Regardless, don’t want to cause issues, raise a stink. Thought folks might find it kinda cool, that’s all.

@Kasey or other Mod if they see this, if you would, please close this thread.

Go Dawgs.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

Nbd for now. It’s more of a problem with the Johnny come never posters.