Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Otis Reese statement.

Comments

• Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I was with him right up until the point he said there was no one to talk to. That I don’t believe at all. We better win this year and I hate to say it but best option or not Dwan probably needs to start all year or the optics are just going to get worse.

• WDawg30004WDawg30004 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This racial stuff has got to end and Kirby needs to get out in front of it and lead in this area. Otherwise this will never stop.

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are "people to talk to" but you are in constant fear of what the ramifications will be...

loss of PT

loss of Scholarship

These kids have so much pressure on them from all over.

I mean look at us on this message board.

The are scrutinized from all angles while trying to play a game that is there ticket out.

They use to love football until they came to college.

They put in 80+ hours a week between class, weights, meetings, tutors.

And what do they get for it?

A degree... while they provide a university with the funds to pay for that scholarship 100x over each year.

I'd challenge anyone of y'all to step into these kids shoes and not come out of the other side not feeling used.

• DawgGirl96DawgGirl96 Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Does anyone know if it's a general policy by Smart/UGA not to agree to immediate eligibility requests for in conference transfers? Thought I'd heard that in past but could be incorrect.

• Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think most everyone believes that part of it, I also believe ACC PD are ***holes.

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Who transfers to ole miss if you are concerned with racism 😂

• MWorkman17MWorkman17 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was pulled over and harassed all of the time when I was a teenager and in my early twenties. If I was black, I would probably assume that the cops were racist. Somehow I survived with just one speeding ticket and one trip to juvenile court (for rolling a friend's yard in the middle of the night). I wasn't a bad kid by any means, just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Luckily, it just stopped happening as I got older, got a nicer car, and got out of my old neighborhood.

• MinnesotaDawgMinnesotaDawg Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The fact that he headed to Mississippi to get AWAY from racism and that Lane Kiffin looks to be involved in crafting this narrative is enough to amp up the skepticism meter, IMO.

I don't doubt some of his story. It's the kind of thing that unfortunately happens all over the country, on every campus, probably every day. However, it's the manner in which some of these experiences now seem to be useful/used to gain a desired outcome which I find distasteful to put it mildly.

At some point in our culture, we've turned the status of "victim" on its head, such that it's now a position of power. People's original sincere and rightful sympathies and compassion towards genuine victims have now been taken advantage of so that manipulators now frequently seek out the victim role to gain an advantage. This shift has the dual negative consequences of (1) encouraging embellishment and/or impact of those experiences (or completely fabricating them in the case of J. Smollet) for personal gain and (2) creating public doubt and reducing compassion, sympathy, and understanding with respect to those true victims.

• Mia_Dade06Mia_Dade06 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

James Williams says hello

• georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 312 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lawyer: Otis is your race card up to date?

Otis: Yes it is.

Lawyer: Play it.