Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Otis Reese calls out Kirby Smart, says that Georgia is opposing his transfer appeal to Ole Miss

SystemSystem Posts: 10,679 admin
edited September 2020 in Article commenting
imageOtis Reese calls out Kirby Smart, says that Georgia is opposing his transfer appeal to Ole Miss

While much of the college football landscape has turned its attention to Cade Mays and what the SEC will do regarding his appeal to play, Otis Reese is still awaiting word on whether or not he will be able to play at Ole Miss. And Reese went public on Tuesday night discussing his time at Georgia as well as the fact

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Who knows the truth...but seeing he’s the only kid that’s alleging this, my feeling is he’s using the Justin Fields strategy to get approved. Either way, very sad!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Huh....alright lets get to the bottom of this asap. But i do think the kids should be able to play this year its a freebie.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. I have no idea about the validity of Reese's claims about UGA, but they need to be investigated post haste and Kirby should respond.
    2. I don't know if UGA is blocking him or not but if so, they shouldn't. Let him play.
    3. He undercuts much of his argument, though, with claims that the University of Mississippi is some newfound bastion of racial inclusivity. My God, son, they still proudly call themselves, "Rebels," and they ain't talking about the James Dean movie! He also says that when he was the victim of what he believes were racists incidents in Athens, that he had no one to turn to. Hard to believe that he couldn't have at least told one of the many assistant Black coaches about the situation. Also, Cade Mays STILL isn't cleared to play by the SEC and neither is the quarterback who transferred to Kentucky from Auburn. It could be that the things Reese said has something to do with him not being cleared, or it could just be the SEC taking its own sweet time in approving intra-conference transfers, which leads me to . .
    4. These transfer procedures (both the NCAA's and the SEC's) need to be A LOT MORE transparent and streamlined. Some kids get waivers immediately, for other kids it takes months. Kids who get denied then appeal and some win it, some don't. All the while, no one really knows what's the basis or standard for approval or denial so speculation by fans runs rampant. All the kids who are delayed or initially denied and then approved, get all closed-mouth after the process eventually goes in their favor. To me, they're the ones that should speak out and say, "this is what I had to go through or deal with to get my waiver granted." Then people would know just what goes on in the process.
  • Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Some of yall not gon believe even if they had video. The Athens police targets the football team all the time. They will sit right outside the bar watch the underage kids go in and pick a football player to lock up. I don't blame Kirby for trying to get him to stay we needed the depth

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 798 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Unfortunately the negative incidents O Reese experienced occur everywhere, only a small fraction of them are ever brought to light. I support his ability to transfer where he pleases, but I disagree that an undergraduate in conference transfer should be given immediate eligibility. If you choose to play for a fellow SEC program, then you should have to sit a year.

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Both are most likely true......he did experience racism at UGA and he is using this to get his waiver approved. I am a black man and I laughed at the whole escape to Ole Miss jokes. They should just make the transfer laws uniform and binding and leave it at that. No inter-conference transfers period without 1 season sit out, not 1 year.

• Options
    dawg4lyfedawg4lyfe Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Nothing for nothing, but you aren't escaping racism by going from Athens to Oxford.... Maybe the Oxford and Campus police treat the players differently there?? Does Otis have some insight on that? Anyway... He should sit a year. And the NCAA and SEC need to actually enforce their rules or come up with clearly defined ones to actually enforce and possibly even do away with the waiver altogether. What scenario would deem an absolute must and prevent a travesty for having to sit a year? Most players that transfer are not paying for their education, so that's out. I can't think of anything that would absolutely need a waiver.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I made it about 2 sentences into that article till the major eye rolls came out. The kids today are such babies. Fed a lie over and over again that they think is absolute truth now. I kept telling folks all that nasty rhetoric was gonna have a price.