Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Need Dawgnation to be Dog Nation

Copedawg16Copedawg16 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wife and I are officially in the dog market. Looking for any contacts with Labrador retrievers or golden retrievers for sale. Have tried online adoption - any pretty dog on those sites gets hundreds of applications.

Trying to surprise the lady, so any info would be appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• otis1105otis1105 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

i found my golden on Craigslist.. AKC papers for both the parents dating back like 3 generations. It wasn’t an actual breeder. I feel like breeders often times have a waiting list. Goldens are the best dogs ever! So narrow your search to them!! Haha Good luck!!

• Copedawg16Copedawg16 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks - yeah my parents found their purebred black lab on craigslist, best dog we've ever had.

Unfortunately, I don't think they allow the sale of pets on there anymore

• otis1105otis1105 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

Don’t look up GR puppies for sale unless you’re ready to buy, I almost just called 3 people whose GR’s I just saw on Craigslist out of curiousity.

you may be right about the sale of pets on Craigslist. All the ones I saw were “re-homing”

• Acrum21Acrum21 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you have Facebook, join the group Labradors of Georgia. That's where we got our yellow lab.

• Razor2027Razor2027 Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Check with some of your local rescues as well...you can get a great dog at no/little cost and help save a life in the process.

• NickbulldawgNickbulldawg Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

I've got a 9 month old pure bred male golden retriever stud in the market for stud services once he's fully grown (about 2 years) just in case anyone wants to keep that in their back pocket.