Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

From south of the border...

donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Game day tomorrow...many have lots to do before settling in front of the TV for some real college football. If you are up for a relatively quick and easy meal, here's some help:

NATIONAL QUESADILLA DAY (Dia de la Quesadilla)

National Quesadilla Day on September 25th encourages us to pull a chair up to the table and eat some authentic Mexican food. While it’s not a sandwich or a taco, the quesadilla satisfies snack cravings while also completing a meal.

Typically made with a corn tortilla and filled with cheese, we heat quesadillas until the cheese melts. Then it hits the grill or frier until just crispy. Some people also include other fillings such as cooked sausage, chicken, pork, or beef. And don’t forget the toppings. Fresh tomatoes, salsa, herbs, sour cream, guacamole, or chilies bring a whole other level of flavor to the quesadilla. Don’t forget to finish it with a squeeze of lime. Serve it with an ice-cold beer or a margarita, and the meal is complete.

Families love quesadillas, too! In households around the country, families include quesadillas as a popular mealtime solution. In fact, V&V Supremo recently found one in three people are making quesadillas at least once a week*. Additionally, quesadillas have crossed over from authentic Mexican restaurant menus to more typical chain restaurants. Even higher-end gourmet eateries include them on their menus. Their simplicity allows for easy customization and people of all ages love to eat to them, too.

HOW TO OBSERVE #NationalQuesadillaDay

Can you taste them yet? You will! Whether for a snack or a meal, quesadilla’s hit the spot. Just gather up your favorite ingredients for a quesadilla night. Be sure to include the most essential ingredient – family. Together you can build authentic quesadillas and celebrate the day. As you do, be sure to share the experience with us by using #NationalQuesadillaDay on social media.

NATIONAL QUESADILLA DAY HISTORY

V&V Supremo® founded National Quesadilla Day (Dia de la Quesadilla) in 2020 to bring people together to enjoy authentic and delicious quesadillas. One of the only true ways to make an authentic quesadilla is with authentic Mexican-style melting cheese, Chihuahua® Brand Quesadilla cheese made by V&V Supremo. It is the gold standard for quesadillas with its rich, buttery, and flavorful taste.

Any recipes to share? What are your favorite variations on a quesadilla?

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

Don, I figured the popularity of your column would eventually attract advertisers, and so, here we are. It's a sad day, but I'm happy for your success.

😁😁😄

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL. Do I need to do a full disclosure that I have no financial interests (or any kind of interest. other than culinary, in my post today. It didn't even occur to me that I was inadvertently posting an ad. Sorry.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I love making them. In the hospital we have free vouchers for food once a day and any time I order I get a chicken quesadilla. if I ever open my bar, there will be one on the menu.