Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

New song by Ray Fulcher "Love ya son, Go Dawgs"

ArchDawg90ArchDawg90 Posts: 46 ✭✭✭ Junior
edited October 2020 in General

Comments

• Options
    PlayHurtPlayHurt Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s good stuff!!

• Options
    roydawgroydawg Posts: 580 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It kinda got me too Tex.

• Options
    SATX_DAWGSATX_DAWG Posts: 36 ✭✭✭ Junior

Man this one hit home hard for me. Being over here in Texas for the last couple years and talking to my dad every week.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Love it & just bought it. Sending the video to my boys. Thanks for the post.

• Options
    BrotatoChip88BrotatoChip88 Posts: 219 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2020

Not Tex but to your comment - regrettably, I’ve never heard of Winston Parker but I will definitely check him out. I attended a discipleship conference in Memphis called “Downline Ministries” about 7-8 years ago. There I was introduced to a couple extraordinary men of God, Crawford Loritts, Roy “Soup” Campbell, and, my personal favorite of the three, Tommy Nelson. I’m assuming Tex knows of him as well being he is the pastor of a large church in Denton, Texas. Highly recommend ANY of his sermons. The man is a gifted teacher of scripture and an avid football fan that played QB for North Texas.

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I think my dad is friends with Ray. Also looks like he's from Augusta. I haven't listened to one note, but I guess he's alright.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Small world! Crawford Loritts is pastor to the man who personally discipled me. I'm a big fan. I don't know Campbell and Nelson but I will find out. I bet some of the guys in my circle know them well. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.

• Options

@AnotherDawg That’s wild! I’ve always wanted to visit Dr. Loritts’ church up in Roswell. I never appreciated the book of Ecclesiastes until I first heard him preach on it during that conference. Powerful sermon to say the least!

• Options

It's not for everyone......but it's right up my alley. He sounds a lot like the Texas Country sound....

Which is called red dirt music out here. Ironically......hardly any red dirt in Texas. Hard sand or caliche roads.

Anyway ....love that music.

Song reminds me of "where rainbows never die" by Steeldriver.

• Options

I once attended a big one-day conference at Galleria in Cobb County. I believe Dr. Loritts put it together, and Ernie Johnson (the sportscaster) was one of his guest speakers. There may have been 3,000 people there, and it was about 50/50 black and white. Black guy seated next to me (who is now a senior executive with Chick Fil A) said, "I bet this is what Heaven looks like." And I was thinking the same thing at the same time.

That was a great day.

• Options

Apologies to @ArchDawg90 (and everyone else) for hijacking the thread.

• Options

Do me a favor and drop me a message if you hear about another conference like that once things really get back to normal. I’d love to take my father-in-law and a couple work buddies.