Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Brenton Cox puts Georgia on notice, Jacksonville game will 'definitely be personal'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,502 admin
edited October 2020 in Article commenting
imageBrenton Cox puts Georgia on notice, Jacksonville game will 'definitely be personal'

Former Georgia 5-star recruit Brenton Cox transferred out of Georgia in 2019, and after sitting out a year, he's starting for Florida and taking aim at the Bulldogs

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Soooo.....he got an opportunity to start at UGA and probably would have the next year but then he got caught with drugs and had the awful punishment of running steps. I'm guessing he felt entitled and decided he was better than every other player that got in trouble and took his ball and left. Did florida promise him that drugs were OK and there would be no punishment?

If this kid has talent it was going to show at UGA, as well. He just didn't like being caught.

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Mullen is happy to have him because he's like the only 5 star he has(they may have more, don't care to look honestly). He only went to Florida because his idol Meyer isn't coaching anymore. So he settled for Meyer's well esteemed and overrated protégé. He's saying it's personal and boasting from probably the worst defense in the sec. Yeah he's really showing maturity.

• Options
    JackCuppyJackCuppy Posts: 28 ✭ Freshman

Still doesn’t own up to the fact that it was himself that created his problems. Great talent but in mature. UGA gave him a scholarship and he should have felt honored. A scholarship is a dream come true for most people. These guy’s leaving UGA talking trash are pretty sorry individuals. Some couldn’t stand the thought of competing and earning a position and some were just too **** to figure out if they do the right thing problems will be at a minimum. He is a perfect fit for the Mullet, Malzahn, and let’s not forget cue ball Jeremy Pruitt. Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's all personal!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When it’s all said and done at season’s end, Mullen, Cox, and all of Gator Nation will be able to once again crow about their “great” season, finishing second in the division, and how close they are to UGA.

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 255 ✭✭✭ Junior

You would think with all the trouble he has created for himself, he would have learned to keep his mouth shut. I guess you just have to look at who is mentoring him, no surprise.

• Options
    HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

He's very talented. Hope he has his head on straight. GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 348 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Wait your turn, Mr. Cox. We'll deal with you as soon as we're done with Tennessee, Alabama and Kentucky.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

3rd team at UGA, a starter at flawida..that speaks volumes. Not worried a bit about a 3rd team LB..A "W" in jacksonville for uf 😂😂😂 this CLOWN is delusional..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Brenton.....Oh Brenton!!! UGA is your Huckleberry! Be patient...and be ready to eat your words. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It'll be also again next spring. "We have their talent or better, gotta execute better". UF players/coaches do this EVERY year.

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Personally I can't stand people that run their mouth, do your talking on the field.

• Options
    DCDirtyBirdDCDirtyBird Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Maybe its personal because he has to prove to himself and others that he made the right decision in leaving.

I'm as DGD as they come but I can't figure why people think UGA is some holy grail of football that 5-star recruits should be honored to attend. With the amount of money our football program makes off these kids I'd say both sides should be thankful for the opportunity. Especially with the uber talented kids being drafted high from smaller schools these days.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How many points is that team down there giving up per game? Nearly 30? 29.5 to be exact. Yeah, you’re playing lights out.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. Big Dawg paw aimed your way in Jacksonville.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

aTm scored 24 on Alabama, and I think it could have easily been more.

Let's see how many they put up on the Fleriduh.

I hate it that Brenton blew his chance at UGA, and can't accept responsibility.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So much to say here but I will leave the obvious retorts alone. I'm going to just hope for the best for this young man. I hope he remembers this game against UGA for all the right reasons. Both Cox and Beal were in the transfer portal after running those bleachers.