Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Braves vs. Dodgers

DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Braves will play the Dodgers in Game 1 of the NLCS on Monday at 8:08 pm (ET) Go Atlanta !

Comments

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope they can close the deal. Would feel better if we still had Soroka for the year.

pedro Martinez picked us to win.

• AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope our bats wake up. If not Braves need to “manufacture” some runs with bunts, hitting against the shift, etc. If pitching holds out we have a chance.

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know the Braves have had a great season. But, I haven't watched a single game this year. Similar to pro football, I just can't get into watching a sporting event without fans. And fake crowd noise. And cardboard cutouts. Sheesh!

I know someone said they would watch games because "that's all we got" or words to that effect. But I just can't see it.

College football did it right. Let about 20,000 fans in and continue to socially distance.

• GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To have a good chance, the Braves are probably going to have to get to Buehler in game 1, because considering what we've seen over the years, it's more likely they get to Buehler than to Kershaw, even though the final time in 2019 (seemingly a lifetime ago), wasn't as bad as it has been.

Something that's very nice though is that Ryu is gone, outside of one occasion, that guy really whooped us.

• MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

Imo the Braves pen wins the series. In professional baseball the team with the most talent isn't always the team that wins it all. It's who gets hot at the right time. Period.

• RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Imo baseball is the least impacted by the lack of fans.. Slow moving sport regardless of fans in attendance.

• donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

yes, but so much free time in between pitches to strategize and eat hot dogs drink something quite cold.