Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

New Assistant Coach

BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So what does Kirby do with the 10th assistant coaching position that opens up after the first of the year?

Secondly, what happens if CMT gets the UT job? Do we promote Sherrer and then fill his position?

Comments

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tucker isn't going to UTk.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe Johnson from the support staff

• Options
    JGrant324JGrant324 Posts: 211 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think it'll be a defensive guy personally. the egos are less for our coaches on that side

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hire Kevin Butler immediately.

• Options
    RedDawgRedDawg Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

promote from within, then bring in a new off field assistant.

• Options
    KingoftheSouthKingoftheSouth Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Butch Jones, Greg McElwain, Kevin Sumlin, Les Miles, Ben McAdoodoo.

Lots of options out there.

• Options
    donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:

Don't think hiring a full-time FG kicking coach is on the horizon. Maybe a full-time ST coach (the guy from Auburn ?) not sure what the need is for a full-time defensive guy .. got MT and Kirby to help with DB's. I am confident he will be an ace recruiter.

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe Hines Ward could come in as a lower-level coach?

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At one time a year or so ago he mentioned something about possibly coaching at UGA one day.

• Options
    bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@donm said:

@pgjackson said:

Don't think hiring a full-time FG kicking coach is on the horizon. Maybe a full-time ST coach (the guy from Auburn ?) not sure what the need is for a full-time defensive guy .. got MT and Kirby to help with DB's. I am confident he will be an ace recruiter.

I think if we were gonna have a full time ST guy it'd be Beamer I mean the guy lives for that stuff.

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2017

I want Herschel Walker =)

Move Dell up a notch, and let #34 coach up them RB’s!

A guy can dream right, LOL

• Options
    greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And if Kirby ever got tired of coaching (lord I hope not), but if he did, I want him to replace McGarity as our AD til kingdom come!

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@KingoftheSouth said:
    Butch Jones, Greg McElwain, Kevin Sumlin, Les Miles, Ben McAdoodoo.

Lots of options out there.

Quoting the poet Sir Mix A Lot “ don’t want none”

• Options

So according to Seth, CMT is doing a 2nd interview with UT!!!!!!

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg said:
    So according to Seth, CMT is doing a 2nd interview with UT!!!!!!

Yup, that is the word on the street. One thing I have learned being in TN over the past few weeks is the internet is a great platform to let your opinion out.

Scouts honor here that no embarrassment to UGA will come from me. Gregory, this is on you if he doesnt finish the job or our D is distracted.

• Options
    CoachRob16CoachRob16 Posts: 428 ✭✭✭ Junior

Possibly need to worry about the DC and WR coaches leaving more than a 10th assistant. Loosing Tucker and Coley would really be painful and hurt recruiting.

• Options
    daddydawg72daddydawg72 Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sherrer would seem to be the best choice to replace CMT. It'd be great to keep CMT, but I hope a decision's made before Sherrer could be hired away somewhere else as DC. Losing both would be tough.

• Options
    edited December 2017

@CoachRob16 said:
    Possibly need to worry about the DC and WR coaches leaving more than a 10th assistant. Loosing Tucker and Coley would really be painful and hurt recruiting.

Don't think anyone is down playing the possibility of losing Tucker. Losing those 2 would be tough and cause a ripple effect. However I really think the 10th assistant is almost just as important.

• Options
    ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sherrar could replace Mel and we'd need to find a DB coach (as Mel took on those guys with Kirby) and a LB coach as Sherrar woyld need too spread out his talents.
    Then we'd need a WR coach who cab recruit, lead a offense, and had S FLA ties.

• Options
    JMFDJMFD Posts: 219 ✭✭✭ Junior

I hate these kinds of distractions before a big game for us.