Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia coach Kirby Smart says freshman Carson Beck 'growing, getting better'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2020 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia coach Kirby Smart says freshman Carson Beck 'growing, getting better'

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart says freshman Carson Beck is growing and getting better in practices as the season progresses

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CKS in cover your you know what mode? Getting worried about some folks transferring? Can't develop the right people? RIght now I'd value Murray's opinion over CKS, or someone like David Green - from someone whose actually played the position and played it well. Who trust Kirby with the evaluation of the QB"S ? Can I see a show of hands?

• SilverLifeSilverLife Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

More of the same

• GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

If JT was to start this week, I would ask KS why not during the fla game? Now due to PPD I have a bit more understanding if you can get JT ready, but come on! Good for one week but not before...........

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

I thought he was supposed to be pretty dang good before he got here. Like all the others who subsequently seem to need so much more development once they get in our room.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah I'm starting to get there. Kinda hope to see us get as many games in as possible though. This team needs the work that only in-game scenarios can provide.

• SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loved your comments on the POD cast yesterday. It is how many of us feel, so many questions to be answered. I believe we have the answers and up until now, it has been more of the same!

I also believe the talent we have in that room is more than adequate, maybe even the possibility of running the Monken offense like It should be run.

Hoping that we find a solution that gives our kids a chance to win the game!

How great would it be to see the scoreboard with 35-45 point on our side, on a regular basis, somebody said that yesterday and I agree, it is the "New College Football" minimum to be able to compete!

Thanks again!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby certainly does not tip his hand to the fans and armchairs. Getting more reps, really good player-Beck. Kirby has placed Beck as a true freshman good for his sophomore year....always getting better. Right now, I would wager that Beck is every bit as good as Mathis....just a tad more raw. That is how Kirby rates his players....reps and improvement. Few come in and play right "out of the box." Some frosh do see field time as they did this year because of injuries. Now the comments will try and cipher what Kirby means singling out Beck as: "I think he’s growing, getting better, which is what we challenge every player to do in our program.” Means what it meant months ago...Beck is getting some reps and improving. JT same. Getting reps with team 1 and improving his accuracy and mobility. I see JT stepping in against Miss. State. Kirby's glazed eyes for Bennett have cleared up some. IMO.

• Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

The sad thing bout the game being postponed is stetson well be healthy next week so we will never get to see what the others can do

• MaconDawgMaconDawg Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

Classic coach speak. Justin Fields needed more development as Jake was the man of the moment. What a waste of a great State of Georgia talent whose development as a bulldawg were mostly hand offs to our back up running backs. Please. Our current QB room is what it is , but it did not have to be.

• GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Everyone should know by now that Kirby is not going to give an good assessment of a players development. Every player Kirby has been asked about, he respond with the same answer. That they are growing and getting better. He said that about Bennett and Mathis, we seen the results. And, I hope a player is getting better and not worst. Then it would speak volume on how the staff are in developing the teams talent.

• khummelkhummel Posts: 801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The buzzards are constantly circling Bama, picking off their assistant coach talent every year... and yet that program is perennial natty contenders. Top tier talent is top tier talent, be it coaches or players... just gotta let 'em shine.